MarkZ reacted to Gardener in Unable to extend contracts after release 2.6.2
I just reduced the number of players in my roster to the new allowed maximum of 30 players.
Now, I wanted to extend a contract of a player who is already part of my team. But I get the message:
The same with other players of my roster.
Team: Wernecke Dynamos
MarkZ reacted to Paul T in Injuries
I'm afraid your situation can't be easily explained. Think it's a bit of randomness and bad luck at a bad time in the season. I noticed some of the skaters that were injured had low-ish endurance, but nothing out of the ordinary for your league level - and you definitely aren't overplaying them. Your goalies also seem to have a nice rotation. If you or your opponent were playing Hard or Dirty it might explain things a little more, but I have no insight into that.
As far as what leads to players getting injured more frequently in the game, there are numerous factors.
- Injury proneness of the specific player
- Player fatigure... players being exhausted are more at risk of suffering an injury. There's a few things that impact player fatigue... too much ice time, low endurance, training intensity.
- You or your opponent playing Hard or Dirty
MarkZ reacted to Wick Schozen in trading a player that has signed an extension
After the trade deadline all contract offers are in terms of the following season (example: sign a player not on your roster and they won't report until day 1 of the following season). Then if you are situated in a top 2 seed in your conference after day 87, in terms of contract negotiations you are now considered the level of the league you are promoting to.
I'm not fully visualizing your situation in my head, so sorry if that doesn't clear it up. But that is how it has always been as a promoting team after day 87, going back to the old version. When I was promoting to the GHL I had a bunch of players that would not resign on SHL contracts, so I had to ensure that I had guaranteed promotion at the end of the season and had to wait until after day 87 to negotiate their extensions.
MarkZ reacted to AlexanderRasputin in Improved League History (Scoring Records etc)
Since we already track all player stats and records season by season, it is even clear post-reset that a historical league leaderboard is needed to make league seem more “living”.
Many of us would see huge value and added motivation if the League History page displayed player categories like Most Career League Goals/Assists/Points in a Top 20 format.
This could be extended to a team format as well, with categories like Team Wins in [League Level], clearer records like Most Wins in a Season, etc.
With elements like Team Stories and the blog becoming more active, these categories will let us keep better track on the league history and create more storylines to follow for our teams.
Anders, I hope this is something you consider adding, as this was mentioned multiple times by a fair number of managers.
MarkZ reacted to Walter A. Donaldson in Injuries
I suggest instead of benching players for being in the blue, perhaps re-adjust their Ice-Time, such as moving a player on the PK First line down to the Second if they are not necessary. I tend to go with an 20 Man Roster. I highly recommend tailoring the Training to Goaltenders, if you have a Workhorse, take it easy on him, and his back up push him hard to stay in shape. With Defense I recommend going all Hard Defensive Training, to keep your Older guys sharp on the Defensive end of their game. Forwards you have to make the Distinction for yourself.
Well I hope that helps.
MarkZ reacted to Ana (Natives) in Raw research on goalies
Would have done it for bottom too, but it wasnt possible to make it from worst to the best with those stats.
And yes there are too many things that effects to goalies and everything else. Best way is trial and error and make your own conclusion what works and what you think made that good result.
MarkZ reacted to Wendel Clark in [SOLVED] Cage - Waivers not running.
As pre-season is well on its way and last player acquisitions for the season are on the works, this situation can be critical especially to the promoting teams. Waiver claims haven't been happening neither on day 3 (for example Caza) nor day 4 (for example Foy). This I think needs to be addressed quickly to make the situation as fair as possible for everyone. If the waivers are not happening and no one knows when they will again, this kind of situation probably hurts the promoting teams the most, and they are already in a very tight spot generally speaking.
MarkZ reacted to littleb in Inaugural Tarnished Silver Biscuit Plate PreS 15
Have you ever thought that Preseason has been a bit dull? No pride or glory...... and certainly no fresh biscuits to eat! Our world is clearly lacking in its namesake, so a group of us are having a pre-season friendly tournament to entertain us and thought we might as well drag you guys along for the ride as well.
The teams involved this season are:
1. Pittsboro Plastic Attack - Long time BHL team freshly promoted from the 2nd spot, clearly threw the final games to get to 2nd and cover his mad ninja skills... . very sneaky! We will have to keep an eye on him as it is rumored they use plastic swords to impale unsuspecting opponents during the game! Watch those injuries!
2. Tullahoma Tomcats - Promoted in 1st at season's end and are letting everyone know it! Coach Wendel thinks he is pretty awesome but he may have to keep that ego in check as he is up against some raw talent in this series. His lads are clearly still in party mode and will need to ensure they get off the sauce if they want any chance of winning this prestigious piece of cra..... erm I mean this incredible trophy!
3. Minnedosa Musketeers - SHL team for three seasons now and constantly riding Leopards coat tails. It has driven them to depression where all manager Little signs are fat bastards that run over people and play for the garbage goals. Some pundits give them a shot though, based solely on the fact there is biscuits involved and boy those boys love biscuits! If they win good luck even making the locker room with them!
4. Deferiet Leopards - SHL team for three season and well established hard rockers! When not on the ice you can catch them down at open mic night screeeeeeching on guitars and pretending they have vocal talent. Probably the class of the tournament unless the hookers and blow get them.... ah the life of a celebrity!
The rules for us are simple.... each team will play each other once in the pre season (I will do my best to keep an updated table in here. Winner has the most points and if there happens to be teams level the tie breakers are results between teams level, goal difference and finally goals for. If it is still tied after that I am going to set a poll up and we will all have a vote to see who wins! We can't leave a tie at the top after all.... like any of us will play nice or share their biscuits!?!?!?!?
The draw is as follow first team is home:
Day 4 – 1 vs 2 (2-3 OT) and 3 vs 4 (5-3)
Day 5 – 1 vs 3 (2-4) and 2 vs 4 (2-0)
Day 6 – 4 vs 1 (3-4 SO) and 2 vs 3 (3-6)
In the event the home team doesn't send their game off..... please proceed to door number 3 where Olga the Norwegian Dom will whip you for your incompetence.
That is all for now, if this goes off well I may look at ways to expand it for future seasons.
Standings to date: pts - record - GF - GA
1. Minnedosa Musketeers - 9 - 3-0-0-0 - 15 - 8
2. Tullahoma Tomcats - 5 - 1-1-0-1 - 8 - 8
3. Pittsboro Plastic Attack - 3 - 0-1-1-1 - 8 - 10
4. Deferiet Leopards - 1 - 0-0-1-2 - 6 - 11
MarkZ reacted to gccsteel in Skills for Tactics
So there is plenty out there for what skills are best for certain tactics. But I have a clarifying question. How much does it matter for defenders to match the offense tactic and forwards to match defense tactic?
I am running dump and chase for example. Do my defenders need to be good skaters? I see a lot of teams running this strategy with poor skating defenders. Are they losing something or am I wasting my time trading slow defenders for less skilled fast ones? Maybe defenders just need pass and shoot since they don’t really chase the puck as much?
MarkZ reacted to granpubah in Why do I keep losing (help a new member)
Hi. I just promoted from LIHL to IHL in biscuit. My 1st year was great my 2nd season was a disaster. So rather than change the style of play you inherited, concentrate on next season's draft and free agents. Get a good a goalie! Check the players in the next draft. take time to find the players that fit your system and make sure to shortlist them and order your shortlist in the preference you want. That does not mean you'll get the players you want but you're more likely not to get a draft full of garbage. Good luck