Sign in to follow this  
Mark Z

Assistants report

Question

How much do you rely on the assistants report?    I find it a bit confusing.  It will say I am doing good defensively , but I lost buy 3 goals!   Do you take the report seriously?  

6 answers to this question

I don't. I look at it to see if a player is comfortable in their role if they are struggling. Beyond that, it is interesting to look at.

As for your team doing well defensively and losing by 3 goals, look at a few things. Did your goalie have a bad game? Alternately, do the game and player stats match up with that? Your team can still play well but be outdone by a few skilled players. Or the opposing team's special teams can get all of the goals effectively bypassing your team's D.

I don't pay much attention to the wording on the reports.

For example:

image.png

image.png

On 3/22/2020 at 10:17 PM, rainsilent said:

I don't. I look at it to see if a player is comfortable in their role if they are struggling. Beyond that, it is interesting to look at.

Exactly this.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

It seem to me the wording does not match up with the game play.   I am disappointed in this.  I wish it would be removed. It's misleading.

<

There are some useful elements but do take it with a grain of salt. There are enough stats and advanced stats available to clarify any assistant comments, and those should be your go-to analysis either way. 

The reports do have useful information, but they are more indicative of the "on paper" matchup and less based on the actual game results.  Like how well your tactics stack up against your opponent and how well your line focuses match up.  So even if the wording doesn't necessarily reflect the game results, it may give you hints on how to improve your team for the next game.  In my response above, my scoring line has minor issues with their focus, but they were able to overcome those issues and there could be quite a few factors for that... the players are just that good, the other teams defense underperformed, or the other teams goalie underperformed.  Maybe I would have had even better results if I played that line as Two Way.  But I agree with you to an extent, the wording is very misleading, especially for new managers.  If my team is playing well, I tend to ignore the reports.  If my team wasn't playing well, I would look for clues in the reports to figure out why.

I specifically look to see two things.

1 - that my players fit the role and line focus.

2 - how my captains impacted the game.

Other than that, I don't rely on the reports much. 

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted (edited)

Assistant is cleary stupid and giving totally misleading information. Its the main reason I really sometimes doubt the integrity of the code in this game. Maybe I am wrong. However, the assistant needs to be reworked to give you good info what is happening, right now its just a joke.

Oh, I agree with what Paul said. 1 and 2. Other then that... :)

Edited by Peekaboo

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this