Sign in to follow this  
Mark Z

Injuries

Question

I have been plagued with injuries.  Has anyone done any research on why injuries happen in this game?   Today I lost a forward and a goalie to injuries . I already have 2 defensemen and another forward that are injured!!   That is -5- FIVE players that are injured.    Can anyone explain this to me?   I am going into the playoffs with a lot of backup players on my bench. 

6 answers to this question

Were those players tired? That could do it, although Age, could factor in, and also the simple odds that were scripted. I've had my share of Injury problems the odd thing is it will hit the younger players, it could be as Alex said

No pattern or explanation that I've noticed aside from perhaps a Hard fairplay tactic or low physical ratings on your players.

The thing is it may depend on tactics or the amount of ice time you give, if a goalie is really tired in the red tired, I think they have a likelihood of getting injured easier.

I'm afraid your situation can't be easily explained.  Think it's a bit of randomness and bad luck at a bad time in the season.  I noticed some of the skaters that were injured had low-ish endurance, but nothing out of the ordinary for your league level - and you definitely aren't overplaying them.  Your goalies also seem to have a nice rotation.  If you or your opponent were playing Hard or Dirty it might explain things a little more, but I have no insight into that.

As far as what leads to players getting injured more frequently in the game, there are numerous factors.

- Injury proneness of the specific player

- Player fatigure... players being exhausted are more at risk of suffering an injury.  There's a few things that impact player fatigue... too much ice time, low endurance, training intensity.

- You or your opponent playing Hard or Dirty

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted (edited)

Her is some information about my players.

My players get taken out if they show they are  (blue) tired.  my fair play tactic is Normal. The goalie who was injured is the one who has better endurance, and gets tired less than my other .   I check to see if any of them were injury prone.  The players averaged 1 injury each this season.  Training is set at medium for all players

To much ice time.  I am not sure...   the defense is 35 , 35 and 30.   lines 1&2 are at 30%  3 is 25%  4th line is 15% 

One of my last 3 games the opponent used hard play  for his tactic.  The game my goalie went down I could not figure out the tactic .  

My guess is that this was a random issue like Paul T said.  

I appreciate all your feedback.  

Edited by MarkZ

2 hours ago, MarkZ said:

Her is some information about my players.

My players get taken out if they show they are  (blue) tired.  my fair play tactic is Normal. The goalie who was injured is the one who has better endurance, and gets tired less than my other .   I check to see if any of them were injury prone.  The players averaged 1 injury each this season.  Training is set at medium for all players

To much ice time.  I am not sure...   the defense is 35 , 35 and 30.   lines 1&2 are at 30%  3 is 25%  4th line is 15% 

One of my last 3 games the opponent used hard play  for his tactic.  The game my goalie went down I could not figure out the tactic .  

My guess is that this was a random issue like Paul T said.  

I appreciate all your feedback.  

I suggest instead of benching players for being in the blue, perhaps re-adjust their Ice-Time, such as moving a player on the PK First line down to the Second if they are not necessary. I tend to go with an 20 Man Roster. I highly recommend tailoring the Training to Goaltenders, if you have a Workhorse, take it easy on him, and his back up push him hard to stay in shape. With Defense I recommend going all Hard Defensive Training, to keep your Older guys sharp on the Defensive end of their game. Forwards you have to make the Distinction for yourself.

Well I hope that helps.

8 hours ago, MarkZ said:

It doesn't get much more even than that, so that is not the issue.  I've seen teams play 40% line 1 and 50% first pair D with no problems.  My splits are very similar to yours.  When players get tired I'll usually adjust special teams as needed.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this