Chris

How I started.. Playing Sports Sims

I started with a football manager in 2008 and have been playing every new edition ever since. In the last year, I started playing OOTP and FHM, and now I have started my adventure with basketball.

Posted (edited)

I guess my first football manager was Bundesliga Manager Professional from 1991. German (football) manager games were pure gold in the 90s. I'm really old. ^_^ 

Edited by Meriten

I started in 2005 with Eidos Championship Manager 5, I guess. Later moved on to Football Manager and never missed an iteration ever since. Damn, time flies so fast.

im playing a lot of sports manager games like: football manager, pro basketball manager, handball manager, some ootp games, tennis elbow manager, franchise hockey manager... but my first manager game was probably pro cycling manager 11, 12 maybe.

I have always preferred these type of games vs shooter games. I can’t sit still long enough to play that.

My brother and I started playing stratomatic about the same time we were playing Atari 2600. We even made up a card and dice game to create our own data driven NBA game with cards for the players and teams we likes (inspired by our Dad who said make up a game when we were bored on a rainy day) :) 

Was already a huge sports fan as a kid, but man... Getting my first taste of editing players, keeping stats with league leaders, lineups, attributes, schedule, etc. with Baseball Stars it was a wrap for me.

Nigerian Nightmare.jpgOkoye.jpg

Then I got hit with Tecmo SUPER Bowl. Are you kidding me? The Chiefs "Nigerian Nightmare" Christian Okoye bulldozing MF's up and down the field truck sticking before there was ever a stick to truck with. Finishing the season and rushing for like 12,000 yards with 200 touchdowns. Derrick Thomas with around 100 sacks each year. 🤣 😂 🤣

DT Tecmo.jpg

Edited by BGfromKC

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now