• Junior Scout
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationPaducah, KY

Steam Profile

Been playing it since it first came out. Got the itch to play it again the other day so I loaded FPSFB98 on my machine and came here in search of the Windows 10 patch.

I mostly mess with Nascar Racing 2003 and whatnot.... but I created a 30 team fictional league and decided it was time to resume playing it!

DoctorWhom
  • DoctorWhom
  • Junior Scout
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationClarkston, MI

I've been curious about this game for years, but never got around to pulling the trigger on it. Always heard great things though. I remember it crushing Madden at the time of it's release (of course, I didn't have a PC that could run it then). How does the gameplay hold up 20 years later? I realize there isn't any risk now as it's a free DL here, but I just figured I'd ask you first.

I'm always surprised to see how highly it rates on this site, even against modern sims.

Nisl161
  • Nisl161
  • Junior Scout
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationGermany

Is it really so good? I want to try it..

Andreh68
  • Andreh68
  • Junior Scout
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

It is amazing that after so much time nobody made a game as good for this particular niche. i hope I can get it running again on Windows 10

jimmywojo
  • jimmywojo
  • Junior Scout
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Floater

Interested to try and run FPSFB 98. Haven't played it in years.

jimmywojo
  • jimmywojo
  • Junior Scout
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Floater

Installed and works!

I thought there was a way to increase the screen resolution in window mode by modifying the setup.ini file.

Anyone know?

Thanked by 1 Member:

jimmywojo
  • jimmywojo
  • Junior Scout
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Floater

Links to FBPRO 98 site that has some downloads:

http://pnfl.biz/

Juanp12
  • Juanp12
  • Junior Scout
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

Is this game like Football Manager? Looking for something close to it

Chris
  • Chris
  • GM Games
  • Administrators
  • 591 posts
  • 23 thanks
    GM Since: June 2011
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCanada

Steam Profile

Is this game like Football Manager? Looking for something close to it

This is a classic old game. For football/soccer there are not many games that are as good as Football Manager.

For other sports, check the top rated games by sport on http://gmgames.org

gammaleak
  • gammaleak
  • Junior Scout
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Floater

I'm greatly enjoying revisiting this classic. However, it would be nice to know more about how to put together a good team. The game's help file tells you a little bit about what ratings are most important for which positions, but I find that some players who should be pretty good/solid based on their numbers really aren't. For instance, my offensive line has all kinds of trouble run blocking even though they all have very high strength ratings. GameFAQS has nothing of substance for this or previous iterations of the series.

Does anyone know where to find more information on how the game crunches the numbers under the hood?

Another good example of something that would be nice to know: what expectations can you have out of training camp based on certain percentages?

OK, separate from all of the above: a frustration. I usually just do GM/roster kind of moves and let the computer handle all play-calling and play-executing. However, my team of choice seems to be allergic to nickel packages. The opposing team will have a bunch of wide receivers out and my coach will try to cover them with LB's, which usually doesn't go well. Very annoying!

Thanked by 1 Member:

davidjruss
  • davidjruss
  • Junior Scout
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationUK

I am trying to run FPSPro98 on my Win 10 computer.

I am having a problem with a frozen / no mouse cursor visible when in the edit plans/profiles screens and also the play editor screen.  I then cannot proceed further.

The only way is to use the escape key to exit the screens and then the game. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a cure / workaround?

DavidR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users