Rad

Totally here for the downloads

While it's noble to be up-front and honest, confessing that the only reason we're posting is to qualify for download ability... at the same time... the creators/moderators can't be surprised that we do this. In all fairness, if you set this up as a requirement, you can't be surprised that people are posting hollow, insignificant things just to meet that qualification.

Just saying...

To add to the above, I'm responding to my own post in an effort to meet the 2-post criteria for which I created the initial post in the first place. It's like a bizarre cycle that transcends time and space.

What if... the reason we're asked to post isn't so that we establish communication and focus on building a community of post-friendly site visitors; maybe this is in itself a form of verification?

We've all seen bots that can flood-post on message boards with all manner of nonsense in countless, random languages (in some cases, as I have personally witnessed, in multiple languages within the same post!), but seeing us post something that is logical and clearly created by an actual human being could prove that we are... get this... actual human beings.

I figured, if I have to post something, why not actually fill the post with something? Generic words are pointless. As pointless as having to create two posts just to download a potentially [hopefully] cool game.

On 10/21/2023 at 7:52 PM, LittleBlue said:

To add to the above, I'm responding to my own post in an effort to meet the 2-post criteria for which I created the initial post in the first place. It's like a bizarre cycle that transcends time and space.

What if... the reason we're asked to post isn't so that we establish communication and focus on building a community of post-friendly site visitors; maybe this is in itself a form of verification?

We've all seen bots that can flood-post on message boards with all manner of nonsense in countless, random languages (in some cases, as I have personally witnessed, in multiple languages within the same post!), but seeing us post something that is logical and clearly created by an actual human being could prove that we are... get this... actual human beings.

I figured, if I have to post something, why not actually fill the post with something? Generic words are pointless. As pointless as having to create two posts just to download a potentially [hopefully] cool game.

I think you may be on to something here. While the two-post requirement to unlock the downloads is a bit annoying, it probably does keep teh spambots away.

Just now, TheSigil said:

I think you may be on to something here. While the two-post requirement to unlock the downloads is a bit annoying, it probably does keep teh spambots away.

Also, interestingly enough I found when I went to register I had already created an account many years ago... yet I still had zero posts. Weird.

Hey folks - I recently went looking for the FPS Football Pro series as I played them fresh out of the box when they came out (I think I played from the 1995 version on). Really looking forward to trying to get FPS FP 98 running - my favorite in the series...

On 4/26/2017 at 9:14 AM, Juggers said:

I feel exactly the same.

What he said lol

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now