Mr. Scot

Sierra Football Pro Games

My friends and I used to get together to play Sierra's Football Pro games (miss those friends, honestly).

I still like playing them but I'm also wondering if there are similar games that are more, for lack of a better term, modern.

Granted, everything these days is Madden type stuff but what about Sim type games?

I loved Sierra games. I had a windows 95 setup off to the side of my main computer for years just for the Sierra Baseball and Football games. I wish the NFL had made the opening for the Madden series as well as a more simulation style.

I love Madden. When I feel like it I'll play for hours, but the Sierra games I'd play nearly every day. Madden, a few times a month.

Sierra had a great play builder- something lacking in Madden even when they had the feature.

Yes I used to play seasons of FBPro98 as well. I had a league made up of the best historical players for each franchise. was a lot of fun. When a friend would visit from Pennsylvania we would have the Colts and Jets face off with Unitas and Namath as the QB's. I still have the leagues on a Flash drive.

On 11/14/2023 at 2:27 PM, Mr. Scot said:

My friends and I used to get together to play Sierra's Football Pro games (miss those friends, honestly).

I still like playing them but I'm also wondering if there are similar games that are more, for lack of a better term, modern.

Granted, everything these days is Madden type stuff but what about Sim type games?

I decided to just continue focusing on creating **my own version of COOP sports associtaions of sports games, starting with FB** & watching FB.

I could not agree more- FBP '98 is The Greatest Sports, Let Alone FB, Game Ever Created, still plays-game plans-profiles best- I am trying to find a downloadable copy of FBP '98, with the help of a computer repair person. Then I will start 20-leagues/associations Times 12-Worldwide franchises/programs & Repeat 2 more times = 240-Professional franchises, 240-Semi-Pro franchises  (Allocated & Develop the Pro & FA Pro Players back to The Pro League) & 240-Higher Educational programs set of FBP '98 leagues & association, using the information from **_Great White's_** Sports Associations & starting with **_Great White's_** FootBall Associations to customizing Programs-Franchises & ideas. **- Trying to find a better/less me/my nickname part of the name. Hoping maybe I can find FBP '98 fans/unlike me experienced in Internet League playing using FBP '98 who would join me.

Edited by Help_GW_PC/InternetSportsA
I repeat myself, so I editted out the repeated sentence, sorry.

I used to play FBPro all the time. Unfortunately, I have never found another FB game I enjoyed as much. I would create my own leagues. I even had my own stats program that I developed that would read in exports from FBPro stats. 

4 hours ago, DrCyber said:

I used to play FBPro all the time. Unfortunately, I have never found another FB game I enjoyed as much. I would create my own leagues. I even had my own stats program that I developed that would read in exports from FBPro stats. 

Could not agree more,

Cool, another Utility tool for FPS: FBP '98 game. Only question I have is with FBP series having a ton of stats (maybe, more than any other FB <maybe other sports) games> why is there a need for that?

I need to download FPS: FBP '98 game, onto my LT, but I cannot find it anywhere. I even have a computer repair person also searching for it & he cannot find it, but he also told me no one should be selling downloads of abandonware (SP?), so he might only be looking for free downloads or have to participate a certain amount of times on a website to download abandonware games, like GM Games does for FPS: FBP '98 1.08 Patch.

Does Anyone Know URLs to Download The FBP '98 Game?

I want to see, first hand, where the industry is now, compared to FPS: FBP '98 & it's plays-game plans-profiles creating/customizing. I already exchanged many E-Mails with AXIS FB department's President & know, I will be using AXIS FB '24 to do so. I figured there might be one or more other modern FB Game that might be worth doing so with. Recommend to me, what you think is the best modern FB Game (with plays-game plans-profiles creating/customizing as close to as good as FBP '98) to compare to FBP '98? If you can also provide me with a URL to the demo for the FB Game, then more the better.

I already had someone recommend to me- Pro Strategy Football 2024, but not a URL for a demo of the game. If you know a demo it would awesome.

I know Computer-Video Gaming Industry-World could do a ton more to give their participants something that valuable, because they value it, in their real world lives. Part of my making the type of COOP *_GW's_* Sports Associations will be about this, but never sacrifice (SP?) the serious competitive nature of computer sports games- Sports Associations.

For me it is not very deep & Etc., because it would require a member of the industry/world to be revoluntionary in it's facilitate a deeper benefit. Thanks to discovering-life long die hard supporter of FPS: FBP series, especially, '98 version, not so much series killing '99 version (BLANK!!!!!), I took the opportunity to try to make a career out of Coaching IRW FB, that wanting to be a Public School Facilitator for ESE Students provided me; then when good enough of a Youth-HS/bores me to watch both (sure contributed to my failure in coaching career) Coach to move on up to be Univ. of M.iami H.urricanes' FB Coach/priovides me the ability to be a Public Higher Educational Facilitator for ESE Students (just not at UMH- private school) & so on to The NFL coach & dropping being a facilitator, would be just impossible with NFL coaching demands.

& along those lines,

I used my FBP series years to start creating the revoluntary offense, never done before, & unique (the 2-main principles were only know done in two-separate occasions/programs, deaceds apart, in only Higher Educational FB) defense, but obviously both able to be done in FBP series & '98 version & completely legal in all organized FB levels & even from what PNFL (FBP '98, of course) Co-Commish Charles Rogers said, legal in PNFL. I have expanded & believe improved (with even more revolutionary features to the plays) the offense & defense over the decades that I have not been able to use FBP '98. I also believe both the offense & defense would work in The NFL, let alone any level of Real World FB.

*- Trying to find a better words to use, than  nickname/less about me- so far only person trying to get *GW's*Ss.As. in existence,

Edited by Help_GW_PC/InternetSportsA
misspelled computer, sorry.

I just, mins. a ago ,got back in contact with the computer repair person & he had to go to a friend that is so seriously a games collector that 3 (of four)-bedrooms (of his family home) are so full of video games, that he uses spider tunnels to get to games. Now, the repair person is just trying to get all the bugs out that he is experiencing, even with the 1.08 Patch, before installing/downloading it onto my LT. Thanks to PNFL's Co-Commish Charles Rogers recommending using Windows 11's ability to change into Windows '95 mode to run the game, I will not need the DOS Box that the repair person mistakenly thought was needed. Sorry, to the other VPNFL Forum replier (a gentleman) that also posted some help, I cannot remember his name & must have deleted the E-Mail. Given I think the forum is a ghost forum (just as VPNFL FBP '98 league is deleted league), only reply I have received from a lot of thread I created there.

Finally, in no time at all I will be back owning & playing a FB Game with closest to real world coaching's ability to create/customize (to use computer world's term) plays-game plans(which again, IRW of seriously Organized FB is Play Sheets & their Game Plans are lot more complex)-profiles!!!!!

Now, I got to hurry-up & finish the setup before doing the creation of the 20-leagues/associations Times 12-Worldwide franchises/programs & Repeat 2 more times = 240-Professional franchises, 240-Semi-Pro franchises  (Allocated & Develop the Pro & FA Pro Players back to The Pro League) & 240-Higher Educational programs. Man, I do have a lot to finish*, I also have to finish my work (my first hand watching & Youtube archiving of last season-draft results & Etc.) so I can attempt to predict The SimulationFL's Season 22/Winter '24 results (includes their playoffs) & next week I am doing the protesting campaign against the local city's rodeo & all the events around the rodeo (thank goodness took out the city's huge deal, until our <I am the organizer & usually sole protester for all the rodeo's hrs.+ hrs. of protesting the other surrounding events> decade+ protests campaign got started, rodeo parade). I was thinking once I get done with critical thinking (so, everything is not just slaps on the wrists critiques) evaluations-predictions of The SimulationFL's Season 22/Winter '24 results (includes their playoffs) maybe, I should post it here & broadcast (with brandnew equipment Christmas presents from my brother) it on a video sharing website. What do you all think about that?

*- Outside of real world stuff- the most usual are stuff like cleaning the house-landscape work (crazy 'Global Warming' affected dry season weather had me spending days <yesterday, had to have my professional landscaping expert uncle, & his chain saw-pole saw, on large branches other trees>, then I by myself cutting up & with my roommate, dumped at the dump a non-indigenous 30-Ft. tree <taking my hate [& roommates still love or I would remove them all; along with the grass] these non-indigenous plants to a new level; no matter how beautiful they are> that had fallen & the rest that was threatened to fall finished mere hrs. ago) in our property & Etc.; like everyone else.

So, see you all, off to finish all of that; have time to work on FBP '98 leagues/associations creations, because after the dump it has been raining, yet agin, during our dry season. Not sure when I will be back posting, since I have posted a lot & NOT A SINGLE REPLY, will check for replies.

...Higher Educational Programs (Feeder) Association, Semi-Pro Franchises (Allocation & Development) League & Pro Franchises League? I already have a lot of customization of Programs-Franchises worked out (for The GW'sSsAs I am working on making into real world, if interested in helping?) & working on a 3-leagues (of 20-FBP '98 leagues of 12-Programs/Franchises; 60-FBP '98 leagues) of 240-Higher Educational Programs/Semi-Pro (allocation & developmental) Franchises/Pro Franchises for my own playing, unless I can find other people wanting to particiapte (willing to either take over as commissioners, I have never played in an Online anything). I am not afraid of programs-franchises without people controlled, even a huge majority of them, because simply the whole people of association/leagues vote on participants' created/customization & most successful plays-game plans-profiles to make standardized throughout only the computer controlled programs/franchises & Etc..

As outdated as FB Pro is, it's still deeper than Madden as far as franchise goes and the AI logic is great. Not only that, when you change player ratings, it actually makes a difference!

I would love to have a modern version of the FPS Football Pro series.  Is there anything similar where you can control the franchise and play the game?  I am not a Madden fan., so something more like FPS Football. 

On 2/1/2024 at 2:59 AM, _Warbreaker_ said:

I would love to have a modern version of the FPS Football Pro series.  Is there anything similar where you can control the franchise and play the game?  I am not a Madden fan., so something more like FPS Football. 

Easily the GOAT of football sim games.  The baseball one was pretty cool too, but the Football games ('95 & '98) were unmatched and would still be fun to play today.

The only knock I can think of is as seasons went on, teams would be heavy in QB positions (why would a team draft a QB when it has 6 already on its roster).

The create a play was VERY immersive and a really cool feature.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now