Sign in to follow this  
Clacquam

Wayne Rooney: Englands Greatest?

I'm a radio presenter from Coventry. As part of my radio show, I like to get the opinions of fans from far and wide on matters of all kinds. Wayne Rooney's goal against Estonia nudges him closer to Bobby Charlton's all time England scoring record. It seems inevitable he will break that record before he hangs up his boots. But I wanted to know, is he the greatest Striker England has produced? And if not, who is? If you don't want your opinion read out on my radio show, please say so. Thanks a lot guys!

I'm an everton fan and fair play rooney has been quality and has been around for years so probably yes but i also think alan shearer was very good

nah not the greatest ever for me, we didnt win anything with him. Great player for sure, but not englands greatest ever

Jimmy Greaves or Hurst for me

Most definetly Rooney is so underrated . He is ultimate warrior. And imo he is the best Englishman to ever play the game ! 

I think if we're talking greatest England careers, then Rooney is up there in the conversation (ok lack of trophies, but that describes every English player born in the last 70 years) but in terms of greatest player talent wise, I don't think he'd break the top 5. He was an incredible talent don't get me wrong, but I always felt like there was an aspect of "what is this guys best role" and the very top players I dont think there is that doubt.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this