Sign in to follow this  
PointGuard

SAME FEDORA-NEW CROWN? (DDSCB22)

On 2/5/2022 at 9:26 AM, PointGuard said:

Coach Aura

Following our latest loss, walk-on PG Ramond Keep again ranted in the locker room that he should be playing rather than Bobby Grannum and that I and the other coaches weren’t playing him because we didn’t like him.  I called him aside and let him know in no uncertain terms that his comments were totally out of line, and he needed to get his act together and apologize to the team.  He replied, “Hell with that Coach. I don’t have to listen to this. Any other great ideas?”  I said, “Yes, I certainly do.  You’re off the team, effectively immediately.  Turn in your gear when we return home.”

If I could have just left him in Miami, I would have.

So we will return with not only one less player, but now we have three players with injuries.  C Tim Cotton is still nursing his twisted fighting gears that has kept out of the last 4 games.  And now C Courtland Reese has a strained abdominal muscle sustained at the very end of the game against Miami and SF/SG Glen Robinson injured his foot late in the game as well.  While all 3 MAY be able to play in our next couple games, if they do their playing time and effectiveness will likely be limited.  It’s tough to have these injuries multiplying at a time when we’re in a slump, but we’ll just have to figure out how to overcome them.

Losing a player due to his behavior is never easy, but it's important to maintain discipline and respect for the team. It's also unfortunate to have multiple injuries at a critical time, but it's important to focus on the players who are available and find ways to work with the roster you have. This may require adjustments to the team's game plan and rotations, but it's important to stay positive and focused on the team's goals. Encourage the injured players to take the time they need to recover fully, while also finding ways to keep them engaged with the team during practices and games.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this