zngrbx

Does anyone play Cricket Captain?

I've long been a fan of the International Cricket Captain games but have struggled to find a big fan base for the game. It's obviosuly popular enough for them to release yearly but just haven't met many other players.

Anyone on here play it? A great cricket management game and would love to see it covered more.

I haven't played the series in years. I used to buy it yearly because it was pretty much the only decent game out there, but haven't played for a while. I got into the series in like 98. I really enjoyed the original game play and Andrew Symonds was a beast in my Kent game. I always found it never quite replicated one day cricket as run rates would stick around the 4 runs an over of test cricket. Would love to hear from people that are still playing though to see if it's worth investing time in at the moment. 

I've played some the last couple of years, but it falls short on how the developers like to "answer" and adjust things. Think some stuff should easy to include that would make it more pleasant. Like the ability to just add player photos. Think they had it in the past but got stuck with some "owner" rights. They never understood they could just put a standard photo in the screens and make the gamers make photo mods. They made it possible to change names on players and teams, so why not make more things editavle.

It is so very much against any type of modding so that's a shame. A very little company that have a great game in the making, but do not develop it further. Some small database edits that could have been done with mods, but no access to the databse makes it very restricted to the will and views of those developers. Some did some editor pgm on limited things, but the latest version of CC20 stopped any editing from that bloke, and even forced him to take that editor of any forums. They said gaming in multi-player world was cheating, so the single player gamers had to accept and not doing any editing. Insane thoughts. 

I just can't understand those views from whoever makes the game. 90% of all sport managers game present access to most things in the game, so maybe they just got something to hide "under the hood". 

I do think the game is still very much playable and got enough of graphic in my taste. Doesn't have to be grand scale EA style. IMHO a good sport manager game is all in the how stats are handled and presented.  If playing with real named players one do tend to expect almost similar results in such games as in real-life. With totally fictional players it's always easier to make a good game since folks just can't argue about ratings and such.

I Play this quite a bit although its very disappointing the lack of development that has happened over the years.

I still rate the old Australia Cricket Captain game as the best

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now