Sign in to follow this  
bhurst99

Video Diary of FIFA Manager Bhurst99

westbromobjectives_zps81b74bb6.png

A mid-table finish and a decent run at the FA Cup are attainable goals. Much more realistic than the Liverpool expectations which were to win everything.

westbromgoalies_zpsa8d5f477.png

One area of the West Brom roster we don't have to worry about is goalkeeper. Ben Foster, England's back up to Joe Hart in net, is one of the best players on the club. If he goes down -- can goalkeeper's even get injured? -- we have a capable backup in Boaz Myhill.

westbromdef1_zps1dd7c8f6.png

We're going to start the season in a 4-4-2 so let's take a look at our defense. There's certainly a big drop off after Olsson and Lescott. Both are 31 and are below 68 in stamina so we're going to need some depth.

Pocognolli and Gamboa have good speed and acceleration but I don't understand how Pocognoli can already be in poor form when we haven't even played a game.

Improving the defense is probably our most pressing need heading into the season. I'm a pretty bad defender with the gamepad and these guys aren't going to help my cause.

westbrommid1_zps72f190af.png

The midfield seems decent but not spectacular. It's going to be interesting to play without a 80-rated player.

What concerns me is the lack of speed (with the notable exception of Sessegnon). I always find that speed is the most important rating in a EA Sports game no matter if it is Madden, hockey or soccer.

Under Yacob for morale it has "threatened". I've never, ever seen that before. Does that mean he is being paid to throw games or an Asian gambling syndicate is going to kill his family?

westbrommid2_zps87319989.png

We've got some depth in the midfield which is important because we have no depth up front.

Poor Sebastian Blanco doesn't even get a head shot.

westbromforwards1_zps65154093.png

We're going to need to play some great defense because we're not going to score like we did at Liverpool with this group.

Any injuries up front are going to be trouble because we are incredibly thin. There's basically nothing behind these four players.

Liverpool vs Cagliari, Friendly Game One

[video=youtube;lVQIvIZ6D_o]

I`m using the three pre-season games to try to get a good feel on the sliders. Played 10 minutes halves. Wasn`t real happy with the sliders.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this