Sign in to follow this  
iKingSmith

WMMA5: Is it really the end?

First of all, I'm obviously a huge fan of the entire WMMA series. Anyone else here still grinding out the MMA world with WMMA?
 Now, anyone who plays the game is most likely aware that Adam from GDS announced that WMMA5 will be the last in the series, stating he can't make it any better of an  MMA sim than he already has. (Essentially).. I honestly would love a WMMA6, hell i'm down with a new MMA completely if that what it takes. For me, the game is insanely fun and I can squeeze countless hours out of it. However, the game is visually and internally dated. I'm not complaining, as I still play the game almost on a daily basic still to this day. Sometimes it's the little things that matter, and even with his already good simulation process, I think Adam could defintely improve that too. A new itteration of an MMA Sim that is on this level simulation wise, with improved graphics and other minor tweaks would be something I would definitely invest my time and money in. Anyone else have any thoughts or opinions on the current state of WMMA5, the fact there likely won't be another one in the series, or any thing they would like to see implemented f they did decide to make a WMMA6, or if another developer decided to try their hand at an MMA Sim?

On 2/24/2023 at 9:02 AM, iKingSmith said:

First of all, I'm obviously a huge fan of the entire WMMA series. Anyone else here still grinding out the MMA world with WMMA?
 Now, anyone who plays the game is most likely aware that Adam from GDS announced that WMMA5 will be the last in the series, stating he can't make it any better of an  MMA sim than he already has. (Essentially).. I honestly would love a WMMA6, hell i'm down with a new MMA completely if that what it takes. For me, the game is insanely fun and I can squeeze countless hours out of it. However, the game is visually and internally dated. I'm not complaining, as I still play the game almost on a daily basic still to this day. Sometimes it's the little things that matter, and even with his already good simulation process, I think Adam could defintely improve that too. A new itteration of an MMA Sim that is on this level simulation wise, with improved graphics and other minor tweaks would be something I would definitely invest my time and money in. Anyone else have any thoughts or opinions on the current state of WMMA5, the fact there likely won't be another one in the series, or any thing they would like to see implemented f they did decide to make a WMMA6, or if another developer decided to try their hand at an MMA Sim?

It's great to hear that you're a fan of the WMMA series and that you're still enjoying the game. The announcement that WMMA5 will be the last in the series has indeed garnered mixed reactions among the community. While some players are satisfied with the current level of simulation and gameplay, others, like yourself, would love to see further improvements and a potential WMMA6 or a new MMA simulation game.

It's understandable that you find the visuals and internal aspects of the game to be a bit dated, considering that WMMA5 has been around for a while. As technology advances, there is always room for improvement in terms of graphics, user interface, and other minor tweaks that can enhance the overall gaming experience. It's not uncommon for fans to desire a fresh iteration of a simulation game with updated visuals and refined mechanics.

However, it's important to acknowledge that game development is a complex process, and creating a high-quality MMA simulation requires a significant amount of time, resources, and expertise. Developers need to carefully balance realism, gameplay mechanics, and visual appeal to create a compelling experience for players.

While it's uncertain whether there will be a WMMA6 or if another developer will take on the challenge of creating a new MMA simulation game, it's always exciting to imagine the possibilities. Each new iteration has the potential to bring fresh features, improved graphics, and enhanced gameplay mechanics that can captivate fans and attract new players.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this