SinceΒ  I'm new here, I suppose I should introduce how I got into management games. I'veΒ  always been into the management side of sports. Even in the 90s, when one season was the best you could hope for in many games, I played that season just to see how far I could get. Sadly, I often left seasons incomplete, because I'd honestly get bored playing game after game, and feeling like I wasn't going anywhere. Baseball games in this time were torturous. 162 games?? I didn't even want to do 16 in an NFL game, let alone 10 times as many. As time went on, and games got better, and added depth, my interest grew. 2K games were a Godsend for me. The ability to either live a "by the books" style league, or change a few settings, and viola, I could have Sidney Crosby AND Alex Ovechkin on the same line!

My first real experience with a management sim was Eastside Hockey Manager. It was literally one I stumbled upon, and I absolutely lived for that game. The depth, the ways you could tinker with the settings, the limitless possibilities, and the fact that I had 12 First Round picks in one of my games, set the bar for management sims, at least as far as hockey goes, for YEARS. It honestly wasn't until FHM 5 or 6 that I felt I had found an equal to the immense pleasure I had playing EHM a decade ago.

I do dabble in other sports, though hockey is my true love, but I do play OOTP22 on occasion, I also have DDS: College Basketball, and I'm trying to get into CT Football Manager. Overall, I'm glad to be here, and I've enjoyed this site for some time, and have gotten some really good recommendations from it, and look forward to the future of sports management games!

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now