Sign in to follow this  
bremitt

backup goaltenders

Question

not sure if this is a bug, unintentional or intentional in the coding, or what...but my backups usually come in to out perform my starters...there has been many games where my starters will be dreadful, letting in 4 or 10 or so, get substituted out and my backup does great (95% sometimes), sometimes even earning the comback win...and if you are thinking "well he's just the better goalie, should get the start", i'll put him to start next game, and the other guy as the backup, and it still works out with the starter playing poorly, the backup up coming in and being outstanding...

why would this be, and if it will continue, is it possible to set a setting that allows me to bring in the backup after 1 minute of play?

3 answers to this question

That kind of mirrors real life.

Often a team will 'get a spark' from the backup coming in and play better.

Often a team with a big lead will 'ease up' offensively, making life easier for the backup.

The backup is usually fresh and inclined to play as well as possible to take advantage of the rare ice time.

This one makes sense to me.

But usually there's a reason that person is a backup in the first place, and it shows up over a larger sample size.

and i get that, but it just seems like it is every game, and doesn't matter the rating, i could have a 74 guy (i've mostly been LIHL with my just earning my first promotion and only a hand full of games in) and he'll play crappy, my 56 backup will come in and stand on his head, almost every time...just seems too often to be a "bad game" or the backup gave the team a spark

and i get that, but it just seems like it is every game, and doesn't matter the rating, i could have a 74 guy (i've mostly been LIHL with my just earning my first promotion and only a hand full of games in) and he'll play crappy, my 56 backup will come in and stand on his head, almost every time...just seems too often to be a "bad game" or the backup gave the team a spark

This sound more or less bad luck with goalies. I guess that this happens for everyone at some point

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this