Sign in to follow this  
Wendel Clark

Affiliate teams & faceoffs

I don't know if this topic has been brought up or discussed before, but the logic behind affiliate games faceoffs might need to be reconsidered? I think centers would need to have higher priority than they do now. It looks like they have some priority, but even 1 or 2 point higher overall wingers and even defenders do seem to take more faceoffs than for example second highest center with even highest faceoff skill.

Examples from last season from my Dangles AAHL team:

Winger French, higher overall than Clear, faceoff skill 40: 363 faceoffs in 57 games.

Defender Blackmore, higher overall than Clear, faceoff skill 40: 86 faceoffs in 61 games.

Center Clear, lower overall, still slightly more icetime than French, faceoff skill 76: 61 faceoffs in 62 games.

So, winger taking over 6 faceoffs per game without skill, center not taking even 1 with skill, and even defender taking more. Centers seem to develop some faceoff skill even without taking or taking very little faceoffs, but isn't it so that the amount of faceoffs taken is a big factor considering how well they develop in that skill? And winger faceoffs seem to be a waste considering development: French has taken over 700 affiliate game faceoffs and his faceoff skill is still flatline 40.

Thoughts?

Centers should always take faceoffs, unless this game has some sort of 'waved out of the circle' function.

Otherwise, when I line up my four centers I expect them to be the ones taking the draws.

And there should never, ever, ever be a time when a D-man takes a faceoff. I don't think I've ever seen that anywhere in real life.

Something to be fixed.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this