Glawing

Release: Fall 2018 (Just to keep you posted!)

Special offer to all our current users

We really want to show our appreciation to all of you who currently play this game and to keep as many of you as we possibly can. That’s why all of our current users, that sign up within the first month after the release, will be offered a lifetime $1.99 subscription plan PLUS getting one extra team for free. That is two teams for $1.99/month. 

I am not at all interested in a second team. my time does not allow it.  Is there another option?  

@Anders, you could send out a game-wide vote just to get a feel of how many people will be sticking around, how many are on the fence, and how many are big no-no's. Maybe keep a sentence in there that asks people to comment on the forums and give them a link to this thread. With the vote pop-up in-game, you'll definitely get more of a response here on the forums as well, with such big changes coming up. If you're making a big decision, might as well get a feel for it before pulling the trigger, right?

Just to be clear, I'm not asking for a vote to be made on what we should do. I'm saying the vote can be used for Anders & Glawing to see if any changes need to be made to their plans in order to do what's best for the game.

The Blog post part 2 has now been updated with the following.

Price for an subscription is changed from $3.50 -> $2.99 / month. No big change I know.

But here's the real news. (Copy paste from the blog post).

---

Special offer to all our current users

We really want to show our appreciation to all of you who currently play this game and to keep as many of you as we possibly can. That’s why all of our current users, that sign up within the first month after the release, will be offered a lifetime $1.99 subscription plan PLUS getting one extra team for free. That is two teams for $1.99/month. 

Note that secondary teams must be created in a different game world.

Free leagues

The subscription plan described above is required for participating in the main competition (LIHL -> GHL). But we also  want to offer some free to play option. 

That’s why we will introduce a separate league structure called Free Hockey Leagues (FHL) within each and every game world. These leagues will be below LIHL level attracting players around 40-60 overall. Leagues will be completely free for users to play in, no subscription required. Teams can not promote from this leagues but there will be a playoff after the regular season with a designated winner. 

Most but not all features will be available in these leagues. For instance is youth draft not available but trades are. 

Even if separate FHL will play an important part of the game world since teams in the league will interact and sign free agents from the same free agent pool as the competition leagues. This means that they will help create world history, for instance players evolving in free leagues continuing their career in higher leagues.

---

I’m in on the two teams option with the $1.99 per month but i would prefer one payment with the full yearly amount.

Make it $25 Anders and Tobias.

Thats my opinion

If you do the math, $2 a month for 12 months is $24 and you are asking for $25/year. Doesn’t make sense. Not a dig at you or your intelligence, just pointing out a flaw in your idea.

If you do the math, $2 a month for 12 months is $24 and you are asking for $25/year. Doesn’t make sense. Not a dig at you or your intelligence, just pointing out a flaw in your idea.

No flaw at all. I am willing to put in $25 a year instead of $1.99 a month. Piece of cake mate :)

as a person with 1 slow team i wish it was a per season thing, i still worry that the cost will empty slow leagues, but i am at least planning on trying to transfer, i might back off to the free league eventually... if i had been joining around now that is probably where i would have gone and stayed. if nothing else i agree that a free month isnt a lot and that being introduced in the free league might be a better way to get new subscribers. though i expect them to complain about their limitations.

I am not at all interested in a second team. my time does not allow it.  Is there another option?  

i kind of think the 1.99 is our special price. granted i probably spend a lot of needless time on the draft that i shouldnt, but i feel i am roughly in the same boat. i guess i plan on just continuing the one team, see who stays, and maybe if things change in the future and i have the option still of a free team i might take it. 

@Anders, you could send out a game-wide vote just to get a feel of how many people will be sticking around, how many are on the fence, and how many are big no-no's. Maybe keep a sentence in there that asks people to comment on the forums and give them a link

This is a good idea. An in game message including a link to a poll have now been sent.

This is a good idea. An in game message including a link to a poll have now been sent.

Answered and commented.

keep up the good work Aners & Tobias..

Free option is junk. Was fun while it lasted. When is this "reset" suppose to happen. So disappointed.

I voted on the poll, of course I'm staying in this game. The gaming experience and the work performed in this project worth the money I think. Keep up the good work guys! I hope I can keep my team names after the reset... :)

Maybe I'm weird but initial gut reactions...

1. I'm not a fan of the longer regular season.  As someone who enjoys the "churn" of the season (FA, draft, prospect development, filling out a new lineup, etc) the longer seasons will make it take more than a month just to play the regular season when I'm in a 2 game a day world.  This in turn takes out the frequency of that churn.  I suppose I could try a faster league but this is challenging with work demands.  I'd rather pay by the season vs. monthly.

2. I actually like the nice clean simple UI now, the preview one looks a little tacky to me.  But obviously not a big deal.

3. I'm really bummed to have to hit reset on my team.  I've put in a lot of work into crafting my team, prospects,etc. and it all feels for nothing.  I'm also kind of inclined to just half ass my current team until the new update (not really half ass but I probably will be less inclined to really throw myself into it like normal).

4. I think the price is pretty reasonable.  Of course I'd love for it to be a free but as a fellow computer person I know how much work goes into this and even at the new price it's probably not much money for the amount of work and infrastructure costs.

5.  I'm super excited about the idea of better potential/prospect development.

6. Can't wait for the new playoff format!  The current one is kind rough.

As much as I liked the Sim there are simply equal sims available with better free accts that are available. MetroHO comes to mind for example with a few others.

The free option sucks in comparison. I would rather deal with advertising or some sort of handicap (that doesn't make it pay to win) than to be regulated to some garbage bottom of the bin option for free.

Disappointed to lose my rosters, and disappointed that the free option is not really a fun or worthwhile.

IMO, I'm a big fan of a total reset in terms of players/stats. Some game worlds suffer from really high stat inflation which has become, quite frankly, incredibly unrealistic. It may help reduce the average retirement age to a more realistic number as well.

IMO, I'm a big fan of a total reset in terms of players/stats. Some game worlds suffer from really high stat inflation which has become, quite frankly, incredibly unrealistic. It may help reduce the average retirement age to a more realistic number as well.

I agree. Even though my team peaked at great points in development and I now have a crazy good young squad in the GHL, I'd be ok with the reset. It will ultimately level the playing field, where in some leagues that would take several seasons.

I appreciate the deal and couldn't go higher really but happy to continue contributing the same amount for you guys.  Is there a way I can continue donating the extra?  

Sooo much this. If possible if I could maybe pair with someone else who can't spare the money and I sort of pay for them too via the extra that I pay I'd be fine with that. As impossible that that is though... That said I am sure that we will still be able to donate extra if we want some way.

Sooo much this. If possible if I could maybe pair with someone else who can't spare the money and I sort of pay for them too via the extra that I pay I'd be fine with that. As impossible that that is though... That said I am sure that we will still be able to donate extra if we want some way.

I would love this option. I am already supporting the game with amount that would pay for few managers subscription and i would love it even more, if i could help the community to grow at the same time. Any ideas how could this work without too much hassle? Could it be possible to pay for lets say one year subscriptions and donate them?

Another thing I was thinking about. I'm not a big fan of the reset but I do understand why it would happen. That being said, how about the option to take 2 or 3  players from our current squad and take them to our new team? That way, the hard work some managers had over the last years can be less painful. 

Yes, there would be 2 or 3 top players in every team but all the rest would be evenly matched. 

Another thing I was thinking about. I'm not a big fan of the reset but I do understand why it would happen. That being said, how about the option to take 2 or 3  players from our current squad and take them to our new team? That way, the hard work some managers had over the last years can be less painful. 

Yes, there would be 2 or 3 top players in every team but all the rest would be evenly matched.

I don't think this would work well. Game worlds were never meant to have more than 3 or 4 90 overalls from what I heard. This would be a problem in Lumber in particular

Since not all the managers in all leagues will move to the new system after the reset and some will, but to the different world or different league level, this cannot be done and it would make the new league very unbalanced as newcomers would not have any chance to get superstars like this... and even in slow Biscuit, we have quite some number of 92+ OVR around their 20y, so this would damage the balance in the new worlds for 15+ seasons. Terrible idea. I know the reset can upset many managers, but in this case it cannot be done partially - there has to be a completely new game with new start afterwards and let's hope it will be same or more fun.

I would love this option. I am already supporting the game with amount that would pay for few managers subscription and i would love it even more, if i could help the community to grow at the same time. Any ideas how could this work without too much hassle? Could it be possible to pay for lets say one year subscriptions and donate them?

Maybe sponsor  a team that won their free league. Advance them to the paid league  for 1 free ( sponsored ) year.

deleted the in game message for the poll(luv my iphone) but ill be signing up and looking forward to a game with what "should" be 99.9999% cheat free. Wish we could do the reset tommrow :P 

Maybe sponsor a team that won their free league. Advance them to the paid league for 1 free ( sponsored ) year.

What an awesome idea. I can be slow world sponsor for FHL winners. Maybe sponsor one season after every finished FHL season :D Anyone else interested in other worlds?

Maybe sponsor  a team that won their free league. Advance them to the paid league  for 1 free ( sponsored ) year.

I had been considering this.  I want to take part in one of the free leagues as well as my other teams and be there to message new players and offer help along so why not give a little perk once in a while to a worthy person.