GamePlanHockey

v1.3.3

New feature IR & Waivers

• IR
    Teams now have the possibility to place injured players on the injured reserve list. By doing so the player’s salary will not be counted against the team’s salary cap. This will allow the team to either recall a player from the affiliate or to sign a replacement from the free agent list. All players assigned to the injured reserve list must spend a minimum of 5 days on the list before being activated. Once the player is healthy he must be activated within another 5 days else he will be eligible for waivers (see below).

• Waivers
    In order to free cap space teams may place up to 3 players on waivers. Waived players will not count their salary against the team’s salary cap and they will not be able to play games for the team while being placed on the waivers. All waived players are available for free transfer to any other team who are willing to acquiring the player’s contract. 

Interested teams then have the possibility to put in a claim for the player. If more than one team puts in a claim then a lottery will decide which team that gets the player. The worse the league position the better the chance in the lottery. The lottery is held (and transfer) at the end of the next day after the first claim.

Waived players are available for claim to any team that would be eligible to trade for the player. All waived players may be found on the transfer page by using the search panel.

Notes!
    This is a first version of the waivers in GPHM and it's not yet feature complete. There are some important differences between the current waivers in GPHM and how things work in the NHL. In GPHM a player won’t need to clear waivers before being sent down to the affiliate. All 2-way players may still be moved up and down the affiliate without any restrictions. And 1-way players still can’t be sent down to the affiliate even if being placed on the waiver list.

Bug fixes and improvements
  • Improved computer team trade statuses, Computer teams will protect their top players and young prospects (Previously installed)
  • Add/Remove player to/from shortlist directly from player dropdowns.
  • Rework of the transfer page. Latest transactions are now the default view. Improved loading in find players (no default search result). Find player result for free agents will no longer display player’s interest for team, instead a general interest value is displayed to show how many other teams are interested in the player.
  • Salary cap penalties are now removed if team is promoted or relegated.

• Improved page loading speed for manager, team and player pages. Tabs will load on demand.
  • Adjustment player development. Small decrease for juniors.
  • Adjustment of retirement age. Bigger chance of retirement.
  • Adjustment of contract demands. Reputation has bigger impact and decrease in demands for older players.
  • Adjustment of assistant ratings in game analysis
  • Adjustment of injuries (decreased)
  • Adjustment of simulator locks (decreased)

• Fixed bug where player was auto recalled from affiliate even if injured
  • Fixed bug where account type was not synced if manager switched worlds
  • Fixed bug where players was ruled as underestimating the opponent in every game
  • Fixed bug where inbox message for playoff relegation was not correct
  • Fixed bug where inbox message was not sent on free agent signing for shortlisted player
  • Fixed bug where pending contract was not transformed to promoted league level
  • Fixed bug where negative cap on current season blocked pending signing for next season
  • Fixed minor layout bugs
  • Fixed bug for stats sorter on team page
  • Fixed bug where no inbox message was sent for injured affilaite players

Great update! I already tried loading speed and it is much improved. And I tried the waiver system and it looks like a brilliant improvement. Amazing work, Anders!

Agree with bouncer... brilliant all around.  Thanks, Anders!

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

So far the only two things I've noticed that don't work are:

1. Trying to initiate trades from another teams page (but as stated in another post, you can initiate trades from the transfer tab/new trade).

2. Trying to look at your match-up preview - you get the "This can't be good" message.

Loving the improved page loading.

Well done Anders and team!

Small question:

Adjustment of contract demands. Reputation has bigger impact and decrease in demands for older players.

Does this mean reputation from manager to sign players or reputation from the player to ask more wage?

Well done Anders and team!

Small question:

Adjustment of contract demands. Reputation has bigger impact and decrease in demands for older players.

Does this mean reputation from manager to sign players or reputation from the player to ask more wage?

Thanks. It's the player's reputation. High reputation = higher demand, low reputation = lower demand.

Btw., just a few minutes after the upgrade, I got my first non-affiliate injury of the season (18 games played + 3 preseason). Not complaining, just a fun fact :)

I'm not sure how for others, but the chat window is still weird for me - I have to click the Chat tab twice to get it open. 

I really like the new features! Very good job Anders!

One possible improvement for the waiver feature could be, that once player passed 15days on the waiver list he could be available to play for my affiliate team! Kinda like waiving his one-way contract!

Really like the improvements!

Thanks!

How does the salary works if claiming waived player form lower league? The players has 1W PC contract (I'm GHL, he plays SHL) but when I click claim, it says he will take the same salary from my team as he gets now in SHL? Is that correct? Will he remain 1W contract? I do not really want the player, so I do not want to try just for fun, but I'm curious. 

I'm not sure how for others, but the chat window is still weird for me - I have to click the Chat tab twice to get it open. 

Found the bug causing this. Now fixed.

, it says he will take the same salary from my team as he gets now in SHL? Is that correct? Will he remain 1W contract?

Claim window texts is now fixed. Also found incorrect texts when activating player from IR.

Thanks for all the heads up!! Much appreciated!

There is some mystery "x"-link above of the "interested teams" box in the transfer tab of the player page after update

Browser's inspect element shows following:

<a class="close-reveal-modal">×</a>

There is some mystery "x"-link above of the "interested teams" box in the transfer tab of the player page after update

Browser's inspect element shows following:

<a class="close-reveal-modal">×</a>

Now fixed. Thanks!

One more thing, Anders.  When claiming a player from a higher league, when you put in a waiver claim, the salary amount is correct in the text, but if you look at your Team Info tab, the upper level salary is counted toward your current waiver claim and estimated cap space.

One more thing, Anders.  When claiming a player from a higher league, when you put in a waiver claim, the salary amount is correct in the text, but if you look at your Team Info tab, the upper level salary is counted toward your current waiver claim and estimated cap space.

This is now fixed. Thanks for the report!

That waivers claim doesn't help much if you need a player asap.

E.g.: My winger injured on game at day 47 and I put him to IR and immediatly went to waivers list. I claimed player. This all happened on day 47. I was waiting on day 48 when this claimed player lottery is and noticed that game is starting and no claim lottery yet... And after game but before day changing to 49 I got the player. So no direct help for injuries <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":("> 

Is it like "24h" (game world time) wait and then is the lottery or is it fixed scheduling?

I hate to be a party pooper, and obviously this is your game, you can do things and make rules how you want them to be. I do really enjoy the game and it is great and can obviously live with the features and rules you set up.......but (of course everyone knew that was coming) from my understanding of the Waiver system, it just seems like a convenient way for a manager to get out of some bad contracts.

You signed a player to big money and long term, 1 way contract because you wanted him badly and that's the only offer he would take? now a couple years later he has declined greatly and is always scratched? don't have to be punished by the bad signing, simply waive him and his money disappears.

I know this waivers is not meant to work like NHL waivers, and i get that, but NHL waivers was set up as a sort of "punishment" for having too many good players, a risk you had to take if you wanted to (or needed to) send a player down because you had to many for the roster. If the player was good, another team could claim him and you lose him for nothing. 

A GM should be punished for his mistakes, bad contracts should not be easily washed away (i find the buyout feature a little too convenient as well) but they should hamper his team from truly prospering.

It may not seem like it, but I am okay with rules in this game being different than the NHL, and that includes the Waiver system, i just feel like it's an easy backdoor and we shouldn't make the game here to hold the hands of GM's when they make mistakes.

Unless i am missing something, please enlighten me... 

Thanks for the feedback.

You're right, the waivers in GPHM does not work exactly as in the NHL. It's only implementing the part where a team can free salary cap space and not the part where players must pass through waivers before being sent down to the minors.

But this is only the first version of the feature and I have plans of developing the second part as well. But it will probably never be exactly the same as in NHL.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now