franklc

Front Page Sports Football Pro 98

Soo excited to try to get this game running again.  This ate up a great deal of my time back in the day, and I lost the install disks... a long time ago. 

Has anyone got this running using WINE?

Thanks,

-Frank

Been playing it since it first came out. Got the itch to play it again the other day so I loaded FPSFB98 on my machine and came here in search of the Windows 10 patch.

I mostly mess with Nascar Racing 2003 and whatnot.... but I created a 30 team fictional league and decided it was time to resume playing it!

I've been curious about this game for years, but never got around to pulling the trigger on it. Always heard great things though. I remember it crushing Madden at the time of it's release (of course, I didn't have a PC that could run it then). How does the gameplay hold up 20 years later? I realize there isn't any risk now as it's a free DL here, but I just figured I'd ask you first.

I'm always surprised to see how highly it rates on this site, even against modern sims.

Is this game like Football Manager? Looking for something close to it

This is a classic old game. For football/soccer there are not many games that are as good as Football Manager.

For other sports, check the top rated games by sport on http://gmgames.org

General Manager (GM) Games

email [email protected]
website | discord | youtube | reddit | twitch

I'm greatly enjoying revisiting this classic. However, it would be nice to know more about how to put together a good team. The game's help file tells you a little bit about what ratings are most important for which positions, but I find that some players who should be pretty good/solid based on their numbers really aren't. For instance, my offensive line has all kinds of trouble run blocking even though they all have very high strength ratings. GameFAQS has nothing of substance for this or previous iterations of the series.

Does anyone know where to find more information on how the game crunches the numbers under the hood?

Another good example of something that would be nice to know: what expectations can you have out of training camp based on certain percentages?

OK, separate from all of the above: a frustration. I usually just do GM/roster kind of moves and let the computer handle all play-calling and play-executing. However, my team of choice seems to be allergic to nickel packages. The opposing team will have a bunch of wide receivers out and my coach will try to cover them with LB's, which usually doesn't go well. Very annoying!

I am trying to run FPSPro98 on my Win 10 computer.

I am having a problem with a frozen / no mouse cursor visible when in the edit plans/profiles screens and also the play editor screen.  I then cannot proceed further.

The only way is to use the escape key to exit the screens and then the game. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a cure / workaround?

DavidR

Can't wait to play Football Pro 98 again.  I have yet to find a better pro football simulator in 20 years.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now