Sign in to follow this  
Paul T

The Humor Therapy Thread

- Emrick Joint won faceoff against Izak Jones in neutral zone

- PENALTY: Penalty to Izak Jones 2 minutes for Tripping

- INJURY: Emrick Joint injured! Player will miss 3 games due to a upperbody injury

...sore loser!

We need a separate assistant therapy thread.

Today mine said that my "scoring" line completely couldn't focus, yet when I looked at each individual on that line, they were green and said they loved their assigned line focus.  Which is it?!?!  I think the Assistant is angling to get the coach fired with all this fake news and take over!  The AI has become sentient!!!  

"After careful analysis, I came to the conclusion that EVERYONE underestimated EVERYONE and it's AMAZING and HORRIBLE."

From one game.

We need one that says "It was obvious that the assistant underestimated your perceptiveness"

Estimated.png

"After careful analysis, I came to the conclusion that EVERYONE underestimated EVERYONE and it's AMAZING and HORRIBLE."

Total disrespect all around!  That's more on the amazing side if you ask me.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Shutout 3 games in a row! Clearly I am adding a lot of value as GM, haha. Think I will literally take a vacation and see where the team is in two weeks. Can't get much worse.

Well I lost away game 5-1 but it's not so bad... My goal scoring was better than opponent's defense, second goalie's 84.8% saving performance boosted our momentum and another positive thing is that my team totally underestimated the opponent. Just imagine the disaster if they took the opponent seriously...

report.png

Another day, another dodgy trade in Lumber. File this one under "hilariously bad"

Hornets got:

A 97 overall (33 years old, top line center)

A 94 overall (28 years old, second line forward)

And the CPU got exploited for...

A 84 overall (useless in GHL)

A 79 overall (useless in GHL)

Two 3rd round picks (nearly useless)

A 1st round pick (only balanced thing in this trade)

Sad!

screenshot-www.gameplanhockey.com-2018-05-22-11-54-19.png

Flag him as a cheater and post this in lumber 2

I flagged him, and sent an e-mail to Tobias, so hopefully something gets done about it.

Yet another somewhat hilarious bad trade involving a CPU team and a player. Let me ask you guys this....not calculating any salary cap problems or special circumstances, would this be a trade you would normally accept if you were in the CPU's shoes?

(Player team blotted out to avoid drama)

(Martin Huska is 95 overall, 25 years old.)

screenshot-www.gameplanhockey.com-2018-05-24-11-33-17.png

Yet another somewhat hilarious bad trade involving a CPU team and a player. Let me ask you guys this....not calculating any salary cap problems or special circumstances, would this be a trade you would normally accept if you were in the CPU's shoes?

(Player team blotted out to avoid drama)

(Martin Huska is 95 overall, 25 years old.)

Every world is different.  Meaning... I'm not sure what the top tier players look like here (Lumber? Dangles?) or what the draft prospect ratings are, which would factor in to how I view this trade.  You also need to take into account specific player ratings, traits, salary, player size, is that player even still improving, etc.

Without knowing all that stuff, I truthfully don't think it's that bad.  If that 95 rated player is one of the best players in that world, has good traits and a cheaper salary then maybe it is slightly lopsided, but if I saw that trade I probably wouldn't give it a second thought or get too upset about it.  But if I'm a new manager taking over a CPU team I'm pretty stoked about having those picks.

I'm not saying you are in the wrong here.  You bring up many good points about trades as one sides trades can ruin the experience for other managers who are trying to build a team the "right" way, so I think trades need to be addressed periodically.  Half the manager to manager trades I see happen in Biscuit seem lopsided one way or another, especially when it involves trades between leagues, but it is what it is.  I don't get too bent out of shape when I see it happen because in the end it's just a game.  This type of thing happens in every world.  The closest we will ever get to a "fair playing field" is when a North American style world is created and all spots are filled with human controlled teams.  At least then trades will have a purpose both ways and managers will think twice about "helping" other managers and/or exploiting CPU teams.  Teams will be built around the draft and free agency and trades will be used as a tool to fine tune your team, not build one.

I know I went off on a tangent there, but to answer your original question, I think the trade is OK.  Maybe not totally even, but I wouldn't consider it unfair.  But... I think the topic of trading definitely deserves it's own discussion.  Not necessarily to call people out and throw insults back and forth, but we should try to get to a point where teams are allowed to be competitive and improve their teams, but do it fairly and respectfully.  The goal should be to have a bunch of managers who enjoy playing the game and competing against each other and less of a "do whatever it takes to win, win now, win always" mentality. 

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Every world is different.  Meaning... I'm not sure what the top tier players look like here (Lumber? Dangles?) or what the draft prospect ratings are, which would factor in to how I view this trade.  You also need to take into account specific player ratings, traits, salary, player size, is that player even still improving, etc.

Without knowing all that stuff, I truthfully don't think it's that bad.  If that 95 rated player is one of the best players in that world, has good traits and a cheaper salary then maybe it is slightly lopsided, but if I saw that trade I probably wouldn't give it a second thought or get too upset about it.  But if I'm a new manager taking over a CPU team I'm pretty stoked about having those picks.

I'm not saying you are in the wrong here.  You bring up many good points about trades as one sides trades can ruin the experience for other managers who are trying to build a team the "right" way, so I think trades need to be addressed periodically.  Half the manager to manager trades I see happen in Biscuit seem lopsided one way or another, especially when it involves trades between leagues, but it is what it is.  I don't get too bent out of shape when I see it happen because in the end it's just a game.  This type of thing happens in every world.  The closest we will ever get to a "fair playing field" is when a North American style world is created and all spots are filled with human controlled teams.  At least then trades will have a purpose both ways and managers will think twice about "helping" other managers and/or exploiting CPU teams.  Teams will be built around the draft and free agency and trades will be used as a tool to fine tune your team, not build one.

I know I went off on a tangent there, but to answer your original question, I think the trade is OK.  Maybe not totally even, but I wouldn't consider it unfair.  But... I think the topic of trading definitely deserves it's own discussion.  Not necessarily to call people out and throw insults back and forth, but we should try to get to a point where teams are allowed to be competitive and improve their teams, but do it fairly and respectfully.  The goal should be to have a bunch of managers who enjoy playing the game and competing against each other and less of a "do whatever it takes to win, win now, win always" mentality. 

I just think the topic needs revisiting before or during the fall release. There's still some holes in the system and it seems like "some' players have gone out of their way to find them. I see too many of these and it's starting to make me sour on the game.

This trade looks mostly fine to me, I don't see a lot of issues without knowing more about where the teams are in standings, draft pool, etc.  

Also, please stop hijacking what is supposed to be a funny thread into cheating discussions.  There are other threads for that or create your own, thanks!

This trade looks mostly fine to me, I don't see a lot of issues without knowing more about where the teams are in standings, draft pool, etc.  

Also, please stop hijacking what is supposed to be a funny thread into cheating discussions.  There are other threads for that or create your own, thanks!

I was about to ask what happened to the fun, light-hearted convo...let's talk more about how our team sucks and how our assistants are always high!

Thought this was the humor therapy thread, for all things we find funny in the game.... Good or bad? Just saying.

The problem is that it always devolves into an argument between people having a different ideas to what's fair. There's more appropriate places to do that (like suggestions for improvements to keep trading fair) or report people for obvious cheating going on.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this