Sign in to follow this  
Paul T

The Humor Therapy Thread

Well, there are many ways to go and many factors to be considered, but when I had troubles with my defense, I used to put all of them StayAtHome (especially 2nd and 3rd pairing) and my GA and the defenders performance improved (with adequate tactics). I call it play it simple - you can loose some offensive momentum, but for me it was always the way to allow less goals to win the game, not to score more :)

I'm not sure about assistants report, haven't tried that :) I look at players avg. performance and +/- to decide if it works or not. 

I'm not sure about assistants report, haven't tried that :) I look at players avg. performance and +/- to decide if it works or not. 

That's what I do too. Almost never look at the assistants report. Not as accurate as I would like it to be.

I will always switch the team focus tactics to find the right balance. Right now in Dangles my team focus is Defensive.

First ten games the team went 1-2-0-7 with a 21 GF/ 33 GA which is terrible.

Team Focus tactic switch: Next 31 games team goes 24-1-1-5 with a 100 GF/ 51 GA. 

Now I lead the lead in GAA

I know we are stemming away from the thread here a bit

We are, but... I'm glad people are getting some use out of it.  When I originally made this post I thought I would be the only one in here posting silly pictures of random things.  I'll consider going off on an occasional tangent a win.  Most of the stuff in here has given me a good laugh.

Anyways - to get back on topic, I noticed this today.  I signed Sorensen as a FA last week.  He has played out of his mind on my 3rd line and is currently my only point per game player... 9 points in 8 games, 6 goals, a +6 and 79 rating.  It was good enough to earn him 2nd star of the week in SHL.

Stats.png

2nd Star.png

Yet when I check out why he is concerned I notice he is "unhappy with his game performance lately".  Talk about having high expectations....

Unhappy.png

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Following a 5-1 beat down against the first place team (I even scored first!):

• The team managed quite well tactically in defence against our opponent's offense
  • The team did very well tactically during penalty killing against our opponent's powerplay
  • The team did very well tactically in offense against our opponent's defence

• The team managed quite well tactically in defence against our opponent's offense
  • The team did very well tactically during penalty killing against our opponent's powerplay

We really need an update that would allow us to fire the assistant.

On a related note, my goaltenders have the following positive remark in every single game. Even the one on the bench. "Solid checking" is really something I look for in a goalie.

Edit: Also just noticed that the benched goalie always "Looked focused and determined on the ice". I want what my assistant is having.

Solid checking.png

This one is always funny when it happens... but there's a valid explanation.  The "tactical" notes aren't based on what happens in the game at all.  It is based on how well your tactics match up against your opponents.  For example, the Spread defense manages very well against the Dump and Chase offense.  The note will always read The team managed quite well tactically in defence against our opponent's offense regardless if you give up 1 or 6 goals.  I feel like a lot of the games notes are based more on how your team is set up rather than actual game results.

Another on from today in the course of two hours before the game tonight....

SEASON 13, DAY 41

Kraig Aldaco will be out for 10 days with a concussion injury

KRAIG ALDACO WILL BE OUT FOR 10 DAYS WITH A CONCUSSION INJURY

Kraig Aldaco

SEASON 13, DAY 41

Eldred Elite have assigned their forward Kraig Aldaco to AAHL

He must have hit his head getting on the bus. I think Anders is trolling me. :)

It's odd and funny when my 82 & 79 overall backup dmen are severly outplayed by a 71 dman who shouldn't ever see the ice on a GHL team. 

Maybe he just fits in with the team tactically better somehow.

I had one of my top 6 dmen on the parent team get injured. So I played my 82 & 79 backups, they played badly and got injured too. No choice to put in the 71 overall player and performed phenomenally.

You know that at least in Biscuit the affiliates HAVE play time in the middle of the day - it is not synchronized with normal league games. You can check that by number of played games for the affiliate players. 

You know that at least in Biscuit the affiliates HAVE play time in the middle of the day - it is not synchronized with normal league games. You can check that by number of played games for the affiliate players. 

Yup. Judging by when I receive my affiliate injury messages, the affiliate games are played roughly 5 hours before the normal games.  Last season it was an hour before (I think).

He is a happy guy, but more than 60 games ago is not exactly "lately" :) He was actually waived since this feature has been introduced and he was still happy, great guy. Now I took him back and he is backup goalie because of injury to my original backup. Maybe he can get another start soon :)

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this