Sign in to follow this  
GamePlanHockey

v1.3.2

At one point: had 4 goalies injured at the same time.  4!

Didn't get a pic-pix, because was busy sleeping, or doing nasty stuff. 

Even fired the assistant trainer, as it was suspected that he was tying their skates together.

Getting lots of improvement on LIHL and IHL teams, less on the big "G" teams. 

At one point: had 4 goalies injured at the same time.  4!

Didn't get a pic-pix, because was busy sleeping, or doing nasty stuff. 

Even fired the assistant trainer, as it was suspected that he was tying their skates together.

Getting lots of improvement on LIHL and IHL teams, less on the big "G" teams. 

Lol, that's hilarious considering how uncommon goalie injuries are.

Apart from the injuries I also have another downside from the latest patch(es). This has been mentioned in other topics as well.

The player progression is really low and this was, for me, one of the main fun parts in logging in every day. If you have several first round picks that don't even gain one skillpoint in +25 days, that's just too low. I'm not talking about OVR, skillpoint.

Yes, I understand every point about too many +90 players but now it's just the complete opposite direction. Just to clarify, in the last 3 weeks there are only 4 players that gained (a) skillpoint(s) in my entire first team. And I have 9 players that are 26 years or younger. Lots of those players gained way more in the past, maybe a bit too much. But now it's just the other way around... I admit that I tried to get a young team every season to gain the benefits of progression. But what's the point now. It's better to have some old 35+ (yrs) players that never retire in other teams obviously. Injuries and progression, this changed too much in my opinion and not for the good. 

Maybe it's just that we've gotten so used to players growing easily to 90+. If the intended GHL "core" player is indeed 85 OVR, then basically any player above 85 would be an above average player, and should be less frequent than those 85 or lower. Perhaps some young players (that are well above said 85) have technically peaked according to the new training speeds and will only grow very little for the rest of their career? Sure, changing it so drastically is not without issues and it will take multiple seasons to level out. 85's in Biscuit barely fit into the roster right now.

I'm personally quite ok with this, we just need time for the changes to play out.

I'm happy with the progression, there are too many great players in Biscuit-GHL.  When you compare our rosters to SHL, it is insane!  SHL looks likes they are two leagues down, even the top placed teams!  Yes, it'll work itself out, with or without any additional changes, but I think the next few seasons might see a lot more of the same parity (ie frustration) that we are currently going through.  

I'd also like to see some changes to the affiliate contracts, which I think will also help the SHL (and trickle down) to free up mid 80's players that used to be GHL stars that may no longer be worth hoarding, especially if they have already peaked.  Unfortunately, managers might be stuck with some longer term contracts with some duds (I know I have 1-2) and will either need to look for trades (if not 1W) or flat out cut and pay the penalty.  It'd be nice if we had 1 free buyout like the NHL, ha!

Sure when you look at it the GHL is always better. Compare it with the NHL if you like and it should be like that as well. Otherwise create a league without relegation and more teams.

It changed too much in the latest patch(es) and thus you need a complete new approach. For instance all the work I've put together in the last 12 seasons seems like it's for nothing or almost for nothing. And I'm sure other managers will agree. I'm not against updates or patches, on the contrary, but in my opinion this is a bit of a killer. 

Well, you've seen how well MY team has done since the new patch....   :angry:   Sadly, there is no emoji holding a gun to his head...

But I hear you, I built my roster based on the old system, but we all did, so I'm not blaming the development slow down on my team's inability to win.  It hasn't helped since I sort of hoped a lot of my mid-80 players would be more like upper 80's this season, but like I said, I think a lot of us are figuring that part out.  

I am 100% on board for going to a non-promotion/demotion league.  I think it'd add more manager interaction, different roster building strategies, and resolve some of the fixes that Anders is often trying to resolve.  Unfortunately, he is only one person and not sure when he'll have the time or interest to do this.  

biscuit bronze flunky incoming, id scanned this before, but i just finally actually read through it all, i think at least. 

1. the golden wall, i really dont have a good idea of it, cant really see it so well with this silver one in the way... I guess this might be more specific to biscuit? since ive seen a fair few of your around. How stupid of an idea would it be to eat away at that wall via the draft? if were worried about stunted youths and silver players joining you, would you give up some of your status up there so we can spread talent around a bit more and drain you guys some? you can keep 1-16, but what if the next 32 were your seconds and silvers firsts? it could be weighted but some element of randomness in the draft order still. or even less or more. the first 8 of gold second, or only the first 8 of gold first could be protected or spun separately. if we want to help newly promoted teams more and punish top teams a bit more. might be too complicated there. but the issue would be what comes after those 32. is gold 3, silver 2, and bronze 1 a giant block? im a bronzer so you know it has appeal to me, even a slight chance of drafting top 50. it would surely make trading draft picks a lot more random, complicated, and confusing. there is a gold second sitting in a cpu silver team i keep eyeing. if be less fixated on that i guess if any old silver up there could pass it. or if one of my bronze buddies promotes and their silver suddenly becomes 17th overall (probably not have great odds, or weigh it so that it would) though i guess there is potential an iron team trades for a bronze first to help them promote, the bronze team does so, the iron team relegates, and suddently a LIHL team has the 17th overall pick and can trade it, but probably not sign the player. then again i guess that can happen with the 33rd overall pick. 

Another idea, i am a young team, so keep in mind i might be being vindictive here, i did almost rage quit with a "why did i bother" moment after reading the updates and watching my gains (i have a young team, i  am probably doing better there than most anyone, just compared to a season ago... ex, 42 days in, 2 +6 overalls i had last season are both +1s, not graph errors, with neither seemingly that close to a +2, again that is overall though, and those are now 22 year olds and most thing 21  year olds grow significantly better anyways, just not what i thought when i signed them long term) okay,divergence 1 over. how horrid would it be to temporarily up reitrements and declines for older players? younger players might always be at a disadvantage to those a little older who grew better, so my generation wont have as much of a window or an impact, but could we increase it some, and speed the new normalization by forcing out the other end a bit quicker? that might be part of the new normal, but what about a temporary "screw you" to the vet teams too?not litterally, not even trying to be "fair" just if that is a goal, it might be another way to help get there. Again maybe its jus a slow league thing, but it might also help some with the jump to gold that people seemed worried about here. i would be a bit of a false equilibrium as in the middle there would still be a bit of a surviving golden generation, so that might make it worse if someone built a team around the right age range. 

there was mention of no promotion/relegation teams and having more interactions and community that way. there could thing put in to increase communication, but more parity might make more interations alone. with the lower overalls it might come. or if my draft mayhem somehow picks up and gold 3s are not only a lot lower, but they actually have to slum and look at players taken with those picks. might either increase or confuse trades. more level salary caps might do something. then again the code changes just put in might do a lot, so that teams dont really have to worry about as many players classing themselves out of their level, and thus things balance more that way. (side note, does anyone just like swap 3rds, or even 1sts as a little rivalry bet that theyll just do better so taking your pick means a likely higher draft choice, like a preseason bet? relegation and promotion likely complicate this but i sometimes want to randomly propose pick for pick draft trades)

A simple option, potential went away... it would drive me bonkers if i had been here then, but things could even our more if we were more blind. traits or progression wise.. maybe not progression, i already look at non draft ready youths for no apparent reason. also having the prospects be treated different might be more unnecessary coding. but i do like the idea of it being uncommon, but even lihl teams striking gold time to time. yeah its relative, bu though ill hate missing them, i still want some players to slip through the cracks, which is likely coded in some way anyhow. 

i dont know if its actually a thing, but i am pretty sure there is a 16 year old bump. especially on the lesser end when i looked at midseason, there was a lot of progression in 17 year olds that was like 0-5-0 1-4-1 0-4-0 etc. it was less pronounced but there with better gainers too. not everyone grew the most at age 16, but there seemed to be a trend. again part of this is i was looking when the 17 season was only part over. another part is at 15 progression meters likely start empty meaning 16 has leftovers and an advantage when simply looking over things that way... but i pretty much convinced myself that especially on the low end when its more obvious, these things cant account for all of the bumps i think i see. i suspect it is to help them get more playtime especially by the age of 17. even then especially some goalies are stuck behind others, but i think it exists. what if it didnt?it would mean some lower overalls without effecting potential, etc in the same way? if some players have potential i guess they might still rise, but if a few more got lost in the fold and either developed a little less or later, or simply were worse rated and slipped through the cracks more? 

I really dont want to nerf the draft, but it is a way to spread things more. agan as a bronze player it might be self interest here. also ive been through every single player at least twice this season. once for traits, then i talked to people again again for potential. i then pulled out 144 into a spread sheet. hand entered handedness, heights, weights (in metric! gasp!) position, a score for traits, a weird formula i came up with, and way too many of the ranks by hand instead of copy and pasting because i am an idiot..  (spawn and current overalls, etc) probably some other things too. i then did it again for at least a few dozen youngish players if their draft year still showed on the chart to compare. another divergence. points being: 1. i am a crazy person. 2. i dont know what i am doing but i still want some kind of pay off for doing extra draft prep. 3. there are options, but if were worried about parity as a part of this change, there are probably options to mess with the draft which i would probably hate, but as with the recent changes, still support them and see the value. more experienced managers and mods would probably have better input here, who actually know implications of some of my suggestions. many likely proposed and rejected before

or we can just make more promotion and relegation spots automatic. i think i am just slinging chaos at this point

Any news on a new update, Anders?

Patch for injuries? Already have an injury in my first preseason game.

Why we need that patch for injuries? I had something like 2 to 4 injuries last season and I was able to manage those all with affiliate players. That's why you have affiliate team. To have backup players if your players got injured.

Why we need that patch for injuries? I had something like 2 to 4 injuries last season and I was able to manage those all with affiliate players. That's why you have affiliate team. To have backup players if your players got injured.

Please read earlier posts in this topic, this has been addressed and Anders confirmed that this will be patched.

Please read earlier posts in this topic, this has been addressed and Anders confirmed that this will be patched.

Yeah, but if you notice the situation that it isn’t patched yet why you don’t change your strategy to build your team? I don’t understand why game needs to change more than how you play the game.

I'm playing this game for 2,5 years now and the last 2 seasons I had double the injuries then usual. I'm not the only one if you checked the topic. This happened since this or previous update. And as said this has been acknowledged by Anders...

One thing that changed with the last update is players can become tired more quickly if they are playing really heavy minutes. So if they are training on hard and are getting fatigued, they will be injured faster. Pre season injuries blow and I'm sure bad luck is involved with that. But during the season I manage my players fatigue pretty intently and my injury totals have been reasonably steady.

Since the last update, i haven't seen any changes in my injury total. Some minor injuries are caused in the affiliates, but nothing has changed for my team

RIversdale Heroes, Buzzer

I have to agree that the bug isn’t really the amount of injuries, if there actually is one linked to them. I’ve been keeping my players on easy training and making sure that 1st and 2nd liners only play on PP or PK, not both so that their minutes stay low. Haven’t had any big injuries after the patches when playing like that.

On the other hand if there is a bug I hope it gets fixed, I just hope the way to fix it isn’t just mindlessly decreasing the effect fatigue has on performance and injuries, as I feel it really should be the case that you cannot really train the players on your team that have big minutes.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this