GlennN

Front Page Sports: Football Pro 98 Questions

Hi gang, does anyone have the Sundby's/Gelat utilities for FB Pro that they could send my way?  Thanks a bunch!

Yeah, I did that, and now I have a shit-ton of files in Explorer and of course, it being the 21st century, there are no instructions or manuals or anything anywhere saying what to do next.  I used to play this game all the time back before the turn of the century, back when things like directions existed.  I would very much like to play it again, I'll even buy it again, but alas, the Internet doesn't want anyone to know how to use anything.  What do I do to get this game on my screen?  Please don't tell me I have to watch half a dozen YouTube videos on how to use my computer.  Is there some reason one can't just download a game and play it?  Help!

1 hour ago, Auntie Hosebag said:

Yeah, I did that, and now I have a shit-ton of files in Explorer and of course, it being the 21st century, there are no instructions or manuals or anything anywhere saying what to do next.  I used to play this game all the time back before the turn of the century, back when things like directions existed.  I would very much like to play it again, I'll even buy it again, but alas, the Internet doesn't want anyone to know how to use anything.  What do I do to get this game on my screen?  Please don't tell me I have to watch half a dozen YouTube videos on how to use my computer.  Is there some reason one can't just download a game and play it?  Help!

Good luck, if you don't know how to mount an iso file, run the instructions in the description of the file , in the link I gave, then you're just lazy

General Manager (GM) Games

email [email protected]
website | discord | youtube | reddit | twitch

Hey all. Firstly, let me say a massive thank you for making the Front Page Sports experience available after all these years.

I cut my teeth on that game back in the day. My question is this:

I played the game for a solid 6-7 hours yesterday, with multiple shut offs, due to wife, eating, etc.

Now today, going to play the game, I get the "no cd" message. I t worked yesterday. Really baffled. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I decided to wipe and do a fresh install. Now, when I mount the ISO, it tells me that the drive is not valid> WTF?!? It installed fine yesterday. Had no windows updates since then, so I'm really confused now. Ah well, it was great to spend one day back in the glory of Football Sims.

Edited by DakotaDog61

First question out of the gate is adjusting window size for a 2K monitor? How do the rest of you make the screen size work so you're not going blind trying to watch it?

On 4/6/2019 at 6:52 PM, Sirarioch said:

Downloaded the file, unzipped it, mounted the ISO and run SETUP.EXE and nothing happens.  I can see the setup.exe running in Task Manager but it does nothing so I have to end the job.  Running Windows 10.  Any ideas?

Did you get this resolved or anyone else have ideas for this problem? I have same issue, setup.exe does nothing from the ISO.  I tried various compatibility modes, lowered the user access control notifications, etc and no result. Just runs setup.exe and i can see it in task manager but it never pops up.  Same with running hike.

Hello,

I downloaded Front Page Sports football 98. I went to install but nothing happens. Does anyone have a step by step guide to install the game to my computer?

I can't get the ISO to launch after mounting and trying to run SETUP as the instructions say or AUTORUN?  AUTORUN actually gives me an install button but then it hangs and nothing happens.  Any suggestions?  I'm on Windows 10 64 bit.  Thanks for any help!

I have a windows 10 64 bit machine.  I am trying to install the download from this site for FPS FBpro 98 but am having trouble.  I mount the ISO then try to launch SETUP and only get a spinning arrow for a few seconds and then nothing.  So then I tried to launch AUTORUN and actually get the first splash page with an install button.  I hit that and then get the spinning arrow and nothing again.  Any suggestions from anyone?  Thanks!

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now