GlennN

Front Page Sports: Football Pro 98 Questions

Hey, is theĀ Front Page Sports: Football Pro 98 download working?Ā  The page is not showing up for me.Ā  Also, can anyone tell me if the file to be downloaded is patched, and whether it will run on Windows 10?Ā  I am not a computer guy, so I am hoping it can work without much tinkering.Ā  Thanks for the help!Ā 

Hey, is theĀ Front Page Sports: Football Pro 98 download working?Ā  The page is not showing up for me.Ā  Also, can anyone tell me if the file to be downloaded is patched, and whether it will run on Windows 10?Ā  I am not a computer guy, so I am hoping it can work without much tinkering.Ā  Thanks for the help!Ā 

Ā 

We've just been making some tweaks to the file. The game will play in windows 10 as version 1.0 from the ISO install but the issue is patching the game to 1.08 on windows 10 right now. The patch file is a 16 bit windows exe file that doesn't work on Windows 10 64 bit. Trying to figure out some steps to instruct users, someone said DosBox worked for them but didn't work for me.

General Manager (GM) Games

email [email protected]
website | discord | youtube | redditĀ |Ā twitch

Thanks for your work here.Ā  I would love to give this another run, bringing me back to my college days :)

I still have the original cd and manual for this game.Ā  Probably the best PC football game ever created.Ā  Graphics are a little dated but still fun to play.

Downloaded the file, unzipped it, mounted the ISO and run SETUP.EXE and nothing happens.Ā  I can see the setup.exe running in Task Manager but it does nothing so I have to end the job.Ā  Running Windows 10.Ā  Any ideas?

This works fine on windows 10? I installed it ok but when I run hike it is just black screen never does anything.

nm I had to run compatibility troubleshooter then it worked.

Edited by jwark

I've never tried this game but once I do I plan on providing feedback for those who are considering it.

Update:Ā  I mounted theĀ FPSFB_98 file but when I runĀ SETUP.EXE, I get an error message "...unable to find installation languages in...C:\Users\...AppData\Roaming\Cyberlink\Power2Go8\8.0\Temp\SETUP.LID file.Ā  Ā Error 105".

I use Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by derekfootball

6 hours ago, derekfootball said:

I've never tried this game but once I do I plan on providing feedback for those who are considering it.

Update:Ā  I mounted theĀ FPSFB_98 file but when I runĀ SETUP.EXE, I get an error message "...unable to find installation languages in...C:\Users\...AppData\Roaming\Cyberlink\Power2Go8\8.0\Temp\SETUP.LID file.Ā  Ā Error 105".

I use Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Looks like your mount is owned by some sort of Cyberlink software instead of just mounting with the option available for Windows 10 on right click

General Manager (GM) Games

email [email protected]
website | discord | youtube | redditĀ |Ā twitch

I get an error that it is looking for the FPS CD mmm\Temp.dat

Ā 

I haveĀ  the CD mounted , so not sure what gives?

Ā 

Hey there everyone!

I am trying to see if Front Page Sports football is the game I remember playing over a friend's house a LONG time ago while I was still primarily playing Madden on my PS2. I have downloaded the newest version compatible with Windows 10 and it loads perfectly fine and will play.

My issue is the screen size. It is a tiny square in the center of my screen that barely takes up 1/4 of my viewing area. It doesn't matter if I run it in a window or full screen it. There are no options for different aspect ratios. Aside from changing my display resolution for my PC in general, I am not sure how to increase the window size so that I can actually see it. Anyone got any ideas?

I wanted to know your opinion, to you think I should get Football 98, Is it better than Madden and does it has a realistic Franchise ModeĀ šŸ¤”

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now