Walter A. Donaldson

Human Affiliate Managers

I think that for managers who are not competitive, and who aren't in it for recognition, like promotions and such, guys who just want to develop players. So I'm proposing that managers be able to Manage AAHL 1, 2, 3, clubs, so they can develop players and interact with other Managers, and it brings team work, as any hockey player knows, and I'm sure most Managers know this, there isn't one player in a team, so I think that this would bring in teamwork in Management.

It's an alright idea, but I like the way that the current system is set up so that affiliates will mirror a manager's tactics as well as allow the manager to develop players with their own training. Having an affiliate manager (one that you wouldn't even get to choose yourself) could wreck that as he might have a different idea on how to develop your progress. 

If you just want to develop prospects, try the LIHL. I've found a few 21 year olds with low overalls that could still be developed, they just needed some love. I suggest the LIHL in particular as I don't see many guys signing the 50 overall players, so you will always have guys that you could potentially develop. There also isn't any relegation risk and a promotion would just mean that you've done an excellent job at developing guys.

It's an alright idea, but I like the way that the current system is set up so that affiliates will mirror a manager's tactics as well as allow the manager to develop players with their own training. Having an affiliate manager (one that you wouldn't even get to choose yourself) could wreck that as he might have a different idea on how to develop your progress. 

If you just want to develop prospects, try the LIHL. I've found a few 21 year olds with low overalls that could still be developed, they just needed some love. I suggest the LIHL in particular as I don't see many guys signing the 50 overall players, so you will always have guys that you could potentially develop. There also isn't any relegation risk and a promotion would just mean that you've done an excellent job at developing guys.

I just think that maybe it would be good to have a farm system with human Managers, that way you have the More realistic Experience, maybe if you could hire a human Manager, and the only risk you have is that you don't get someone you like then you fire the guy. I understand where you are coming from.

as Matt stated, the problem would be if your farm teams manager goes in a direction you don't want, and considering the Farm team is a vessel for you to develop your future players, them being developed in a way you don't want, defeats the purpose. The firing idea is intriguing, but how would you like to be the manager that gets fired? it's either do everything the parent club manager says, or risk a firing, so it's not really much fun. Plus, i could see some jerks that would just want to manage the farm teams to screw over the parent club. Farm team Trolls...no one wants that...

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now