Sign in to follow this  
Jiihee

I just gotta love this new affiliate system.

Well Lets start this like this, i am happy to be in GHL.

I think that i would stop playing this game if i would get promotion example from IHL to BHL. Only because the game is impossible for the teams who are getting promoted, also unfair for everyone who is not playing in GHL.

I see GHL teams sign players with 72 overall from free player market only because they are almost free when you  place them in affiliate team. I mean cmon its the same thing if you would pay the player with peanuts. You can keep the player in your affiliate team like 15 years only to see if he someday becomes something. And if not, no harm is done.

meanwhile managers in lower leagues are in struggle when there is only trash players left in the market. 

I lose 84 overall center to a team who already had 10 centers in the roster, and my guy were not even close getting in the top 4. Its one thing to make huge overpay for 1st liner, but this i don't understand.

This is complete abuse of the affiliate system. Hogging all the players from free market and put them in affiliate team almost free, so others wont get them, or maybe cause in 10 years the player might have a shot getting in the main team if he develops fast enough.

I can easily live with the matter that it seems to be impossible for me to sign a decent center from market if i wont overpay big time. But all this player hogging and system abuse from top teams is ruining the game from everyone who is playing lower leagues.

I think we all know what will happen when GHL and SHL team are trying to sign the same player.

When i did read about the affiliate teams first time i was pumped. Thinking that this would add so much fun for this game, now i have a place where i can keep my top prospects a couple more years until i give them a fair change in my main team. Oh boy i was wrong. Looks like all somewhat good players from SHL and BHL are going in to the GHL managers affiliate teams from now on. 

Promoted teams R.I.P

Again like i said, glad to be in GHL. And all those who are not, good luck trying to build a proper team.

-Jiri From York Wolf pack.

Simply add low salary cap to affiliate teams or increase effective salary to more than 10% for players in affilliate teams. I agree that some changes are necessary, but i'm confident that affiliate teams will be a great part of this game.

Honestly, it already stings a little bit to see guys that I was going after immediately assigned to their affiliates. As Jihee mentioned, they weren't GHL good, but they might be in a few seasons as they were young. It definitely changed my opinion of the waiver suggestion from meh, to maybe this should actually be a thing. Although I am satisfied that there will be more players signed by the end of the season, I always found it weird when there were a bunch of unsigned guys just sitting around.

Even If teams are playing in the same league, but the other team knows he will assing the player in affiliate he can easily double the asked salary. Manager who would give the player spot in the actual team cant ever offer salary like that.

How the affiliate system works atm is having a really negative effect for the whole game it self.

I agree, and definitely have signed a few prospects from free agency just to send them to my affiliate.  Granted they were more in the 78-82 overall range, but they still would have been a good addition to an SHL team.  As is, the affiliate system definitely favors the GHL.  I absolutely love how I can call someone up if there's an injury on my team, so I feel like affiliates are a good addition to the game overall, but the system will need some adjustments.  I can see them becoming abused very quickly.  

It definitely changed my opinion of the waiver suggestion from meh, to maybe this should actually be a thing.

This is why I suggested it before FA even hit. Because I saw this happening from a mile away. There are GHL teams snapping up a number of quality SHL players that really have no value to them with the number that they are signing. Something about the waiver system however is that the waiver system will only come into effect at a certain point like say once a player reaches 24 for an example.

The waiver system still doesn't prevent prospect hoarding like what I am doing. Yeah I know but I did wait an entire day to send them offers and only sent them offers if nobody else sent them one. Frankly there are other issues making a bigger impact. One is managers in lower leagues not making the right decisions contracts wise having stuffed teams with no room to sign FAs or just not retaining young players or just not being active in the FA market as is and the other being players having the bad preference to sign for teams that they can't yet play for. Short of a prospect I drafted nobody in FA below say 82 ovr should choose to go to my GHL team over a SHL team.

Don't get me wrong guys, I don't think affiliates are necessarily bad, it's just a little bit annoying. Maybe this could also just be how she goes now and we have to wait a couple seasons so that everything balances out. The first-hand experience has just raised my liking of the waiver idea.

Don't get me wrong guys, I don't think affiliates are necessarily bad, it's just a little bit annoying. Maybe this could also just be how she goes now and we have to wait a couple seasons so that everything balances out. The first-hand experience has just raised my liking of the waiver idea.

They are a vast improvement in the sense of a team can develop its own prospects. However much beyond that they kind of are overkill. A team shouldn't need 6+ reserve players like a few teams are going after. It is also pointless to have a good reserve team. That said some people find it important to have a good reserve team. It isn't a massive problem that needs fixing. It is just a nuisance for a team to hoard a lot of players that they essentially end up not using. The proposed waiver system is a way to get around the hoarding.

They are a vast improvement in the sense of a team can develop its own prospects. However much beyond that they kind of are overkill. A team shouldn't need 6+ reserve players like a few teams are going after. It is also pointless to have a good reserve team. That said some people find it important to have a good reserve team. It isn't a massive problem that needs fixing. It is just a nuisance for a team to hoard a lot of players that they essentially end up not using. The proposed waiver system is a way to get around the hoarding.

I will admit that I am also hoarding on Lumber, but they were guys that I've already signed for multiple years and kept as a backup in-case I get a demotion this season. If that happens, I'll have a team that I've already used for an SHL promotion :P. Although these players were all signed before free agency this season.

As I see it, its kinda not so great now. Im playing in IHL and as someone from BHL does with hoarding to me I can do that to teams from LIHL. Its not fair at the time but it will be just for some seasons ahead when people fill their affiliates and then situation will be as it is now but with some more usable players. At least I see it that way.

I'm at BHL level and new to the game so I admit this could be an over simplification but could there not be a cap on players sign to affiliate teams.  2 at each level perhaps for ghl/shl teams 3 at each level for bhl 5 for ihl and lihl teams.  seem to me to be a quick enough fix. 

I signed a few players that could go and play in the SHL/BHL. But almost my entire affiliate team is made of prospects and substitute players from previous season. Setting a limit on the amount of players sending to the affiliate teams is a bad idea. These affiliate teams are a gift to GPHM, for every league and every team. Now we can control our prospects we drafted and make the most out of it. So putting a cap on the amount is terrible.

I admit the GHL has more benefits at the moment than any other league. The rest will follow eventually. But let's be honest, these are the managers that have been playing this game for a longer time. They have earned their spot in the highest league trough many seasons, most of them.

Why would it be a bad idea? It would let us control best of our prospects and have to decide which to keep, instead of just hoarding players with salaries that lowerleague teams can't offer for eg. 5x and still paying them half the salary (5x*0,1=0,5x) than a lowerleague would have had they gotten him without you, because they were assigned to aahl.

Rest of them will never be in line with GHL. IHL will always be handicapped, because of this compared to others, since they can't offer lowerleague players like the rest and GHL teams will never have upperleague teams taking their players to their affiliates.

and why should someone keep their GHL place over somebody just because they have played longer and can hoard players from all the others?

Like I said, this will settle over time and eventually every other league will reap the same benefits. This is just the beginning and people are already looking to nerf one of the best features this game has.

I have never said something about keeping their GHL place. My point was that people in GHL have usually been in the game for a long time and some of them have been struggling as well. So it doesn't mean that you have to change something for the good of the lower leagues. This should not be a walk in the park for any league or manager. Give it some time before trying to change something.

When i started This game i were in IHL league. By studying the game and trying to understand how the game engine works i was able to raise in GHL fairly quick.

Big part why i was able to succeed is because there was good selection of players in FA, and i knew what kind of players i need and want in my team. Don't get me wrong, i have never had a team that was good in player overalls. I have always been underdog by looking only the overalls. But in my opinion this game is much more than player overalls (were). Now the Fa is full off old players and players with super bad traits. If there would be a manager who would be able to climb to higher leagues knowledge wise but he is unable to do so because there is no players left to build even somewhat decent team, why would he bother to continue playing this game? Should he wait 4 seasons to get the players he needs from youth draft? and wait 4 more seasons that they develops enough to get in the team?

Managers who have played longer should not be awarded by cost of the lower league teams.

It would be great if there would be more leagues in the future, and much more teams in one server. But making that happen we need new players who wants to stick and commit in this game for long term. 

Its hard for me to think that anyone new would like to continue playing this game when they know that most likely they get ass kicked for the first 12 moths. And starting from LIHL climb to GHL looks unreal.

I really like the affiliate idea, and the fact that i can hold my drafted prospects and don't need to let them go in FA only because they weren't nearly ready in main team is awesome. But at the same time how the affiliate system works atm favors GHL way too much, i feel like i am winning by cheating now. And the fact that i cant even compete with another same league manager for FA players if he is getting the player in affiliate and i am not is REALLY negative.

Like i said this kinda feels like winning with cheats, i don't know about rest of you guys but for me this is not a positive effect.

Would be great to have a bigger community and player base for this game but its hard to imagine happening like this.

When i started This game i were in IHL league. By studying the game and trying to understand how the game engine works i was able to raise in GHL fairly quick.

Big part why i was able to succeed is because there was good selection of players in FA, and i knew what kind of players i need and want in my team. Don't get me wrong, i have never had a team that was good in player overalls. I have always been underdog by looking only the overalls. But in my opinion this game is much more than player overalls (were). Now the Fa is full off old players and players with super bad traits. If there would be a manager who would be able to climb to higher leagues knowledge wise but he is unable to do so because there is no players left to build even somewhat decent team, why would he bother to continue playing this game? Should he wait 4 seasons to get the players he needs from youth draft? and wait 4 more seasons that they develops enough to get in the team?

Managers who have played longer should not be awarded by cost of the lower league teams.

It would be great if there would be more leagues in the future, and much more teams in one server. But making that happen we need new players who wants to stick and commit in this game for long term. 

Its hard for me to think that anyone new would like to continue playing this game when they know that most likely they get ass kicked for the first 12 moths. And starting from LIHL climb to GHL looks unreal.

I really like the affiliate idea, and the fact that i can hold my drafted prospects and don't need to let them go in FA only because they weren't nearly ready in main team is awesome. But at the same time how the affiliate system works atm favors GHL way too much, i feel like i am winning by cheating now. And the fact that i cant even compete with another same league manager for FA players if he is getting the player in affiliate and i am not is REALLY negative.

Like i said this kinda feels like winning with cheats, i don't know about rest of you guys but for me this is not a positive effect.

Would be great to have a bigger community and player base for this game but its hard to imagine happening like this.

I agree for the most part. We need a bigger community and new people that want to commit. But do you think rewarding lower leagues and new managers is the way to keep them? Maybe in the beginning. It might also be a bad signal to those managers that have been struggling for over a year to get where they are now. Just my two cents.

I agree for the most part. We need a bigger community and new people that want to commit. But do you think rewarding lower leagues and new managers is the way to keep them? Maybe in the beginning. It might also be a bad signal to those managers that have been struggling for over a year to get where they are now. Just my two cents.

No i don't think that rewarding any manager would benefit anyone, i am only hoping that the game would be equal for everyone no matter what league or how long they have played the game. Now i think its too much unbalanced, that's why i made this post and to share my opinion for everyone to see if i am only one feeling this way. Maybe together we can find solution what benefits egualy everyone. I think that majority likes the idea of affiliate team ass do i, but i think that some adjustments has to be made.

Also its hard for me to imagine that this would settle down anytime soon because teams can now hold the players in their affiliate teams and new players joining in the FA if minimal because of this. If some adjust is not made for the affiliate system like releasing new patch of players for FA, this problem is going to stay in the game a long time.

Why would it be a bad idea? It would let us control best of our prospects and have to decide which to keep, instead of just hoarding players with salaries that lowerleague teams can't offer for eg. 5x and still paying them half the salary (5x*0,1=0,5x) than a lowerleague would have had they gotten him without you, because they were assigned to aahl.

It isn't so much a bad idea so long as the number is high enough but then what is high enough? Too low and your too restricted on developing your own prospects and nobody wants that. Too high and it doesn't matter. Ultimately you don't want to restrict the number of prospects a team has to choose from. That is just bad. It is the signing or holding onto of 25+ yo players that can play big roles on lower league teams (like Sharp on the Vandals for one example) that is not playing for the team they are contracted to that is the problem. That is what you want to prevent. The hoarding of non prospects and the best way to do that is a waiver system where someone can put a claim on a player that a team is basically holding on to and just sending down to their affiliates.

I agree rainsilent. I know you are making an example regarding Sharp, but any team that could use him is free to make an offer. Only my prospects matter for my affiliate teams.

Would it be horrible idea if managers could make offers to players who play in affiliate team?

- I still think that teams should be able to protect its own prospects for a certain amount of time after signed to the affiliate team, like 3 seasons?

- Players acquired from Fa should be open for all to give offers, and i think it should be the player who decides if he will accept, not the manager who owns the right's. Ofc there could be protection time for Fa players also, Maybe 1 season?

- Players should stack unhappines if they are kept in the affiliate team a certain amount of time, and that should have effect will the player accept offer from another manager or not. Or if the player wants to make extension contract with the current manager.

- I still think that the 10% of the contract salary paid for affiliate team player is way too low. I think that if the number would be 20-30% the unnecessary player hoarding from Fa would go down considerably, and the managers should have still enough money to keep their prospects.

Would it be horrible idea if managers could make offers to players who play in affiliate team?

Waivers. Anybody sent to an affiliate above say 25 goes to waivers. Anybody of the same league or below interested sends in a claim. The team highest in the claim order gets the player. Very simple and straightforward.

I agree rainsilent. I know you are making an example regarding Sharp, but any team that could use him is free to make an offer. Only my prospects matter for my affiliate teams.

Therein lies the problem. They have to make an offer. Knowing your trading tendencies your going to want something more than a throwaway contract. Not saying that you wouldn't make a deal like that happen more that others may be doing it to try to force trades for players. You know. Gather enough players to try to force a trade or get all the quality players and then try to work deals with lower teams. It is only a bad thing to have a high league team signing all of the quality players for lower leagues no matter if they try to trade them down or not. There is no reason that a SHL team should not be able to send a waiver claim for Baroni on my team, Sharp on yours or one of the many on Pegasus who seemingly can't offer enough contracts to FAs. Nobody should be able to collect players above a certain age (again say 24 or 25) and then without care send them to their affiliates without them going through waivers.

Like I said, this will settle over time and eventually every other league will reap the same benefits. This is just the beginning and people are already looking to nerf one of the best features this game has.

I have never said something about keeping their GHL place. My point was that people in GHL have usually been in the game for a long time and some of them have been struggling as well. So it doesn't mean that you have to change something for the good of the lower leagues. This should not be a walk in the park for any league or manager. Give it some time before trying to change something.

I agree with koekefix.  The new affiliate system has been active a total of 2 weeks; we need to give it a couple seasons before we start protesting for something new.

I find GPHM similar to other sports management sims (e.g. Hattrick, BuzzerBeater) in that it should take a long time to go from the bottom league to the top.  People have been able to move up the ranks fairly quickly with GPHM because there are numerous bot teams in each world, compared to the aforementioned sims who have tons more human players.  I'm sure there are some really nice perks to being in the top league in any computer sim, and it's extremely tough to dethrone a team in the top league, but when you do, boy does it feel sweet!  Then, of course, you gotta keep bringing your A game because the next guy is trying to usurp you. :)

I agree with koekefix.  The new affiliate system has been active a total of 2 weeks; we need to give it a couple seasons before we start protesting for something new.

Suggesting a waiver system is hardly a nerf to the affiliate system or a protest for something new though is it? It is a real life solution to an exactly similarly identified problem in real life. Without a waiver system you risk there being less parity with more players potentially being signed and then sent to the affiliate teams of a few teams and left there until needed. It happened in the NHL until waivers were introduced. Personally I'd rather not see a Montreal like dynasty built upon always having a wealth of talent to draw upon due to hoarding talent. I'd rather see a Detroit like dynasty where it is sustained success through great management. Having a waiver system prevents hoarding of talented players above a certain age. Preventing the hoarding of players creates more parity. More parity creates better competition. Better competition makes the game better due to it being more fun to play. A more fun game will be more likely to attract more players.

I'm not saying that Anders needs to get this out the door asap but I don't think that this could be left alone for an extended time due to the faster leagues.

Also in regards to it being relatively easy to rise through the ranks that was true back when AI littered the leagues. However most will not be able to do that now with more human managers. Skilled and clever managers will pretty much be able to no matter what. I'd love to give it a go with a second team but I don't want to create essentially 2 profiles.

The more i read this post and think about the affiliate system i am also starting to feel that the waivers would solve many issues.  Everything else that i have in my mind i have said it already in my previous messages in this post. 

From now i start wait and hope that this discussion would lead to some actions in near future. 

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this