Sign in to follow this  
Graham

TEAM SPIRIT

Question

​Hello all my team is 3rd in my division iv won 41 times and beaten the top 3 competitors at least once so why is my teams comfidence only ok or uncumfetable and why nis my winner instinkt week my teams been kicking but for 2 season's now and i would have thought that would bread a good winning mentality and comfidence should be good if not very good. I fined this comfusing.

4 answers to this question

Been there, done that.

Your team most likely has many high rated players for division iv (or IHL), I'm assuming. I myself was able to win a lot of games despite having only good teamwork. Since I don't know what type of players make up your team, I'll try to help.

1. Your team's confidence is only ok or uncomfortable because your players are not suited to your tactics. Check your offensive and defensive tactics, and see if the majority of your players match your tactic's player characteristics section. Some tactics require high physical players in relation to the rest of the players in your league, while some require good skating, and others good puckhandling. Scout the rest of the teams in your league that have good confidence and see if their players all have specialties, or one or two stats that seem much higher than the first. You can also read the thread in help files for further help.

2. Your winners instinct from what I understand does not significantly change based on your game results. It is based off of your player traits, such as friendly, cocky, determined, anxious, etc. I personally find the winners instinct the hardest to increase, but in general, here are some tips.

Limit the amount of nervous players on your team to below 5. Same with anxious players.

Fill your team with determined and heroic players, but make sure they make up no more than 2 thirds of your team (around 7-12 players is good).

Don't be deceived by the compassionate and friendly traits. These massively increase your teamwork, but too many of these players, and your winners instinct will fall into the toilet. It takes a lot to drop your teamwork once it is high, so don't be afraid to dump some of those players for cocky and arrogant players.

I found it a bit confusing myself when I was a new manager, but yeah, basically teamwork and confidence are based off of game results, but confidence is mainly based off of how your players find your tactics. Winners instinct is hard to get high, but you should master it with a bit of experimenting.

Hope this helped.

I have some questions
Do the colors on those player traits also help/hurt?
Also what about nervous players?

I am unsure about the nervous,/anxious are we talking just their confidence or the leadership or biggames or what?
Finally do you have to wait until your tactics are all across the board green to see any change in the confidence.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger bat

It's not paranoia if they are really out to get you!

bump

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger bat

It's not paranoia if they are really out to get you!

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this