Sign in to follow this  
Fangowolf

Buried INJ #

We all know a red oval on the roster is an injured player, instead of putting INJ in the field, why not put the expected length of injury there.  Currently we have to go to the plyer page and then the form tab.

A delete all messages in team and manager would be helpful as well.

Good suggestions Fangowolf and BFGore.

When a player is injured "game-to-game", we can't immediately tell what that is, but the game knows,  The two ways of seeing his down-time are: As FGW mentioned, or by clicking on the preview of your team's next game, it shows the injury report at the bottom. 

I think someone suggested it a couple of weeks ago, but it would be nice to see a small version of the current injuries on the main team page. (Possibly bottom right, under the "Team Rankings" table. )

With all of the extra messages now generated by having affiliate teams: it sure would be helpful to be able to delete multiple messages. 

Enjoy your summer everyone!!

Another thing, Injured player would need to put automaticaly out of salary cap and let freedom to bring back a two way player with high salary from AAHL

I don't really agree with this. What happens when the player gets back from injury if you have signed a new player during that time and you would be over the cap?

I don't really agree with this. What happens when the player gets back from injury if you have signed a new player during that time and you would be over the cap?

I say that that the player on IR should be forced to stay on IR until there is free space. Although all players should come off of IR at the end of a season to prevent managers from using it as a way around older, declining players on a multi-year deal.

What happens when the player gets back from injury if you have signed a new player during that time and you would be over the cap?

Good question. Maybe Matt answer are good way to do, or maybe the IR salary still can be count for signature/trade.

I say that that the player on IR should be forced to stay on IR until there is free space. Although all players should come off of IR at the end of a season to prevent managers from using it as a way around older, declining players on a multi-year deal.

The problem I see with this is that you can just "replace" players you don't want in your team if they get injured and then don't have to pay their salary for the rest of the season. Preparing for injuries should be a normal precaution when building your team, so having 1-2 extra players per spot signed to step in if needed. The same way it's done in NHL currently.

The problem I see with this is that you can just "replace" players you don't want in your team if they get injured and then don't have to pay their salary for the rest of the season. Preparing for injuries should be a normal precaution when building your team, so having 1-2 extra players per spot signed to step in if needed. The same way it's done in NHL currently.

Good point, but remember that things like Robidas Island, Chicago getting the extra space in playoffs a few years ago and Chicago again getting to get off paying consequences for Hossa retiring early, so they have the same problems with the injury reserve. 

A solution could be to force players to pull the players who are healed and been healed while on IR the longest first. There's enough injuries that eventually a manager will go "shit, I really need that guy" and find a way to get to him or else suffer the consequences.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this