Sign in to follow this  
GamePlanHockey

v1.3.0

New features

• Affiliate teams, step 1
    As mentioned in this blog post the affiliate teams step 1 contain the basics for the affiliate teams feature. This includes affiliate leagues, creating your own affiliate team, assign/recall players. For further details, check the help files section: http://forums.gmgames.org/topic/7912-affiliate-teams/

Improvements and bug fixes
  • The previous AMHL and AMHL 2 (American Minor Hockey Leagues) has been renamed to USMHL (United States Minor Hockey League) to not be mixed up with the AAHL leagues.
  • Simulator improvements to fix the delayed simulation problems.

Note! If you get the "This can't be good"-message when logging in to the game after this update, please restart your browser.

Looks good!  I've created my two teams already with no issues.  One question, these leagues seem to be MUCH lower skill level than my team (GHL) level.  If I send down one of my worst players, they are still 10+ ratings better than everyone else on the team.  Was that to be expected?  I can't imagine actually having players signed that seem appropriate level for the AAHL2 level or am I missing something.

Yes that's expected. As a start. The base league levels of the affiliate leagues are to compare as AAHL -> BHL level, AAHL 2 -> LIHL level and AAHL 3 -> lower than LIHL. But the real level of the leagues will be depending on what players that are assigned to the teams. Meaning, if most GHL teams assign 80 overall players to AAHL then the level of that league will increase.

Why to have 2 affiliate teams? I think even with 1/10th of the salary, nobody will be able to fill the lineup for even single team (maybe one line or two is possible, but more would be wasting resources...).

I suppose you could try and increase the ice-time of your assigned players by sending lower OVR guys to the 2nd affiliate team instead of filling out the 1st one?

Why to have 2 affiliate teams? I think even with 1/10th of the salary, nobody will be able to fill the lineup for even single team (maybe one line or two is possible, but more would be wasting resources...).

Affiliates aren't going to rely solely on parent team players.  Affiliates are still going to sign players of their own to fill their lineup.  This happens in real life with AHL and ECHL teams.

Affiliates aren't going to rely solely on parent team players.  Affiliates are still going to sign players of their own to fill their lineup.  This happens in real life with AHL and ECHL teams.

this said I want to drop an affiiate player.  there doesn't seem to be a way to manipulate the affiliate rooster except with transfered players.  am I missing something?

No, you only have control of whether your players are on your roster or the affiliate's roster. The affiliate matches your team settings, but other than that the AI controls all other aspects of the affiliate, such as filling out the roster and playing time for all players.

this said I want to drop an affiiate player.  there doesn't seem to be a way to manipulate the affiliate rooster except with transfered players.  am I missing something?

I just checked out your affiliates and only noticed the two players that you yourself assigned to the club. If your talking about the grey players, they're just replacement players that exist to keep teams at a full roster. They will disappear as you assign more players to the team. If you really don't like a specific player, I guess you could keep calling up and reassigning a player to the affiliate until the guy you don't like disappears. The player you reassign would have to have the same position of the guy you don't like.

And yes, I think that there is currently only the one method to manipulate your affiliate roster, but remember that this is only stage 1 of the affiliate release and that there will be more features in the future that will include more ways to manipulate the roster.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this