Sign in to follow this  
EXXEO

Old Guys

Waltzing retired now at the age of 49. I have another player Schavlav who is 43. Also a first ballot hall of famer; over 1000 points in reg season ghl; 8 golden cups. Been with my ghl team since he was an 18 yr old and now I'm sending him to aahl. 

Huh now I'm rebuilding my Poston Reds in the BHL with Vets 28-36, as long as they have the ability, and it seems to be working, my team is slowly getting better, my defense corps, is 18-36. It has improved completely, My guys are putting up blue and green numbers, their overalls are better than what we had. I seem to find that good vets can help your team get better, for whatever reason, but I do have youth coming up. I'm trying to reconstruct a 15th place team into a good team and reform them into a great team. 

Good to see this thread is still kicking...just like the old guys....

Yeah, the old guys are the players who oughta have a Hall of fame in this game. I hope that will come someday, because I'm planning to get an all-star account soon. I like how the old guys play on my team, they've helped me jump from 15th place to 11th. I didn't drop any picks or nothing so the teams future is safe.

I've got a team of Old guys, Only one player is under 30 and he's just hitting his prime at 27. My Oldest player will be 40 next Season and he went up an Overall Point. He refuses to die so I'm gonna let him play until his days come to an end. He's still a solid defender too hasn't had an Average year on my team, always surprising me with solid seasons.  I don't know why I went with all the old guys but they've done me proud got me promoted and have brought me pretty good 8th and 9th place finishes. Well there might be a youth movement in Menahga some day, but it might have to wait a while.

I think the age of supreme Old Guys has now passed. I see old guys all over the place that are just train wrecks. Some of that probably has to deal with the new startup and what not but finding a serviceable Vet over 30 may be a challenge now. I had a guy (in both leagues) eho was over 30 and had sustained a long injury. As soon as I had brought them off IR they got injured for another long stint. Injury factors look to be altered as well making Vets even more questionable. This is me talking from LIHL - anyone in the ‘High Class’ have any grey haired studs?

He is now declining hard.  This season he went from 1st line to third.  He still has one of my best +- however.

My team is a group of Veterans, my only young guys are 24, none of my Centers are under 30 (playing on the roster). I got young Goalies 28 and 24. I like my old guys (I'm the Punch Imlach Type), I don't think the age of old guys isn't over if I can help it.

Veterans often times carry some benefit (at least I feel they do). While I don’t have many on my young, lower tier teams, I tried to have vets on my squad here and there. Anyone know for sure if vets do add an experience level?

I really believe they do, one of my old defensemen Clovis Galloway was the perfect example (he was from the Old Game), Galloway was reputed as finished, when I signed him, by the End of his Career I think the "Finished" Galloway had developed from 75 overall to 77 overall, and at 39 he had at least one season left in him, in the SHL when the game ended, he never retired but at 39 he managed to stick around I tend to let player performance Judge who goes and who stays not how well rated they are. He was still good at the SHL level as he was at the BHL level didn't produce as many points but did very well as a Penalty Killer, If I could post his stats and Ratings I would.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this