Sign in to follow this  
EXXEO

Old Guys

Here's an old guy I found today - I thought I recognized his name from my time in the GHL (solid player year after year) but then looked at his ratings and thought to myself, "naww, that can't be him!", sure enough, it was!

On another note - I also found a player named Sarah. Not familiar with that as a typical male name...very tough woman?

IMG_0863.PNG

IMG_0864.PNG

So how old is that player to be exact? :D

The oldest on my team now is 37years of age, the oldest I've had on my team has been 39. He was a beast and did not drop in overall but if I recall correctly that was before the update where old players got "nerfed".

There's a player on my team named Stephanie (Nuttall), and I've seen a Jennifer (Chouinard) as well, so perhaps this game isn't gender exclusive after all. :P

I had a guy a couple of years ago by the name of Cestmir Papai, and was still rated 65 overall (LIHL) at the ripe old age of 39. Although his best years are behind him, he's still in the league at age 41, but his overall is a 55 now. Still has a 75 faceoff rating though.

Is center Kurylenko (sp?) still in Biscuit? He is a true Jagr in the way he played for a new team every season once he hit 33 and was still in the GHL last season at 38 or 39, I think.

Let's talk old guy decline...since all the updates has anyone noticed a trend at all? It feels as if 36 is around the age when players start to lose some of their mojo but I have a 36 YO on my Clapper team who hasn't yet. I'm nervous to sign him another year but he is a solid player. On the other hand I'd hate to sign him and then he just falls of the face of the earth for $4 million. Hmm...

Before the latest update, it seemed that 37 was the year of significant decline if it didn't start in 36.  But there are some guys in Biscuit that haven't dropped at all.  One example is the goalie Bublick.  He is still an All-Star and I think he is 38 now and stats wise, leads the league, and is still a 95ovr.  He hasn't declined 1 point ovr yet!  Also, his Progress bars are not all flat, which tells me he is at least maintaining or only slowly decreasing.  He probably has another season or two left in the GHL!  

http://www.gameplanhockey.com/goalie?gpid=1798

Bublik is a beast... but he is very talented, those players do not declined so fast, if they play and train. 

You regretting letting him go a couple seasons back?

My personal Jagr is Jávorský. A Czech player as well and a true beast. 36 years and hasn't declined any skillpoint so far. Gotta love the dude.

Javorsky.JPG

Bublik is still slowly increasing. He is one of the main reasons I can be a bit competitive.

He broke his record in SO last season.

Bublik is still slowly increasing. He is one of the main reasons I can be a bit competitive.

He broke his record in SO last season.

How the heck...!

Bublik still going strong at 40 years of age. Even seems like he might be able to jump 1 ovr this season if on hard training!

Yes!  That is exactly what you should do, keep him as your backup and train him hard each and every night!  Especially against the Elite! haha.  

I had an old guy back in Lumber about 14 seasons ago, I signed him in Season 19, he lasted until I resigned in Season 24, I signed him at 38 expecting him to be around for a year or two but was on my Top 2 Defensemen from the time I signed till 2 seasons before I resigned. He was still a solid player on performance in the SHL, if I wasn't so partial to loyalty I might have dumped him. But it was amazing that at 43, how well he could play despite his overall. The Fellas name was Josh Vezeau.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this