Sign in to follow this  
Wingedbeaver

Promotion and Draft Picks

Question

I just got promoted through the playoffs and the team I beat only has two draft picks. Does that mean I will only get two draft picks at the higher level? If I get all three, where would the other pick come from? It doesn't seem fair that I be penalized for a trade this team. I would rather not be promoted than lose the draft pick, have a crappy team, and get relegated next year and lose my one way contracts.

8 answers to this question

Phew! I had a slight bit of panic. I honestly didn't want the promotion yet. I finished 5th in my league and don't feel my team is ready. Going to have to do some work this off season.

Speaking of Draft picks - in Clapper, I'm currently sitting at 14th and was saved by the playoffs so technically speaking I should be sitting at third in the draft right? The team above me in 13th currently has the 1st overall pick while the players who just got promoted sit at 2 and 3. What's up with that?

Speaking of Draft picks - in Clapper, I'm currently sitting at 14th and was saved by the playoffs so technically speaking I should be sitting at third in the draft right? The team above me in 13th currently has the 1st overall pick while the players who just got promoted sit at 2 and 3. What's up with that?

It's based on the idea of a lottery.

From my experience, usually either the team from the first place in the SHL or the team from the 13th in the GHL gets the firts pick.

This is how it works:

(Info is from Anders)

The draft lottery divided into groups of four.

Take the GHL first round as an example.

Teams placed 1st-4th will have a lottery for picks 13th-16th pick where the team placed 1st will have the smallest chance of winning the best pick (13th pick in this case).

Teams placed 5th-8th will have a lottery for picks 9th-12th pick where the team placed 5th will have the smallest chance of winning the best pick (9th pick in this case).

Teams placed 9th-12th will have a lottery for picks 5th-8th pick where the team placed 9th will have the smallest chance of winning the best pick (5th pick in this case).

Teams placed 13th-16th will have a lottery for picks 1st-4th pick where the team placed 16th will have the biggest chance of winning the 1st pick. In this case the teams finishing 15th and 16th would be relegated and therefore have switched their draft picks with the 1st and 2nd teams in the SHL (or who may own those team's first picks).

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this