Sign in to follow this  
Chris

palli - what hockey sim?

As I wrote: A few years before I joined OOTP Developments to work on iOOTP I wrote my own baseball text-sim game. After I finished it, I (or better we, as I had help from a friend) realized, that we would never ever catch up to OOTP and nobody would care about another baseball sim game. So we decided to change direction and turn to hockey. We both had season tickets for our local DEL Team at that time and no actual hockey text-sim game existed. It was way beyond concept phase, most screens already were coded and even some AI was present (we used a lot of stuff from the baseball project). When I joined OOTP Developments last year, I had to drop out off the project but my friend continued to work on it. As far as I know (and based on the last screenshots I saw) he did a lot of work with graphics and gave the game a nice new look. Without knowing all details at the moment (way to much work with iOOTP in the last few month) I would say the game is maybe in Alpha status, so you can load up a game, navigate around most screens, most feature are available in a basic way and you can sim games. I know the Game Engine is a little rough around the edges as I wrote and never finished it and I'm pretty sure he did no work with it.

The problem with such a project is always the content, especially roster (and in hockey you have a lot more leagues then in baseball) and stuff like news/pbp texts. You need people with a passion who would love to contribute to such a project. Unfortunately you don't have a player database like the Lahman database for baseball.

Interesting point. When Risto completed his two versions of EHM with SI Games and SEGA Sports, they had an army of researches and volunteers from community websites..

It would be a shame to see something that has gone to the extent you mention just put on the shelf. Perhaps you can refer him here and we can bring that fire in him :)

Cheers and thanks for elaborating

General Manager (GM) Games

email [email protected]
website | discord | youtube | reddit | twitch

Interesting point. When Risto completed his two versions of EHM with SI Games and SEGA Sports, they had an army of researches and volunteers from community websites..

It would be a shame to see something that has gone to the extent you mention just put on the shelf. Perhaps you can refer him here and we can bring that fire in him :)

Cheers and thanks for elaborating

Me spamming I want a new hockey sim on every thread will certainly lit his feier.

That said army of researchers have announced that they are willing to work on a hockey simulator game for free.

Palli, I don't know the extent of your coding or how far you have come, but if the problem is researchers than that is the smallest problem going as there is a team of pros who worked on EHM 07 who will help, not to mention 100s of others who would be willing to help for no charge.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this