Sign in to follow this  
bhurst99

Toronto FC (FIFA) Video Career

gilbertotransferoffer_zpsw1r1kqrt.png

Whoa. I was not expecting a serious offer for Gilberto although he has been on fire. I counter offer for nine million to see if West Bromwich will bite. In my house rules, Gilberto is one of three Toronto FC designated players so if he is sold I can try to replace him with anyone in the world who is willing to come here. That raises the question to see if I can sell Gilberto for nine million and use those funds and whatever else I have in my budget to pry Sebastian Giovinco lose from Juventus. Worth a shot.

(Note that my FIFA manager dynasty where I control West Brom takes place in a separate universe so if this transfer happens you will not see him suddenly in that dynasty. Have I just confused everyone. Probably.)

goodbyegilbert_zpsxz6rhhrp.png

Goodbye Gilberto. West Bromwich meets out asking price. Since the deal isn't quite yet done yet we're not able to add any players before our next game with New England.

mlsstand25_zpsxjp1un4u.png

We play New England next which is right on my heels for the final playoff spot in the East. Just five points separate second place from eighth place in an incredibly tight conference.

It's transfer deadline day!

We got good news and bad news regarding our attempt to get Sebastian Giovinco

gio1a_zpsfwqxboeb.png

Juventus is agreeable to selling him to us for $10M. That's the good news. But here comes the bad news.

gio1_zpssmibnlsm.png

We offered him a wage of $130K a week, then $170, and finally $200K -- that's 10M a season -- but he refused to come to Toronto. We promised to re-name Toronto Island the Gio Islands and the CN Tower the Gio Tower but he just took that as an insult. So long story short, no Gio in Toronto.  

We'll have to look elsewhere.

dikerequest_zpsqym0xfvj.png

So the players have noticed Gilberto is gone and that I'm trying to bring in a replacement. Dike isn't shy about saying he wants Gilberto's role. I guess his morale is down to very unhappy as he doesn't like that I am overlooking him. Dike does have three goals in just five appearances which surprises me.

You would think Dike definitely warrants some more starts with those goal numbers but you would be wrong because his technical ratings are awful. That's why I'm in charge and not you. LOL.

Sorry, Dike, I still think I need to replace Gilberto. But maybe I can get a young, upcoming star rather than an established expensive player and give you and dinosaur Dwayne De Rosario the occasional start alongside Defoe while nurturing a newcomer. It's something to think about.

odourobad_zpsmiw4cusn.png

Odouro has the speed and acceleration of a race car. You would think he would dominate but he`s just awful. He can`t do anything once he gets the ball. (True to real life).

I`ve used him mostly as a substitute and that hasn`t even gone well. We`re not going to sell him in this transfer window because that speed is just too enticing. But he`s definitely in my dog house.

chhetrisigning_zpse1mkxv29.png

Our first move is to sign a player on a free transfer as a depth move. We're nicknaming him Double H due to his his love for Hs in his name. No real loss here if he doesn't pan out.

finnetransferfinal_zpsawawdadz.png

We go young -- really young -- to fill our house rule third MLS designated player slot. We pay $5M to secure the services of this Norwegian striker and his $20,000 a week salary.

In the end, we don't fill Gilberto's spot with a player of equal value. But Finne could be much better down the road than Gilberto. That's what were counting on. He'll still get some starts as a 19-year old this season.

The transfer window has closed as we move on to September. There's only a handful of regular season games left starting with our next game against Philadelphia. It's time to make our push for the playoffs.

torontofcoctober_zpse4ld9z10.png

We also start CONCACAF Champions League this month with our first of six group games. We downloaded a mod at the start of this career that allows us to play a mini-CONCACAF Champions League tournament of eight teams. More about that later. We kick off the tourney with a road trip to Seattle where we lost earlier in MLS play earlier this season.

bekkerdrop_zpsbf6nwdlh.png

Here's another dude who hasn't been holding his weight during our slump. I can't expect him to be a star with these ratings (he has the speed of a young turtle) but it would be nice if he had at least performed well enough to justify the cost of putting him on a plane and jetting him all around North America.

He scored very early in the season and has been pretty invisible since May. His average rating in MLS is just 6.0 which is awful in my opinion.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this