Sign in to follow this  
bhurst99

Toronto FC (FIFA) Video Career

"We're the worst team in the world."
-- Striker Danny Koevermans about his own team, Toronto FC, on May 22, 2012

Now who wouldn't want to manage that club?

tfcintro4_zps6dc3b8ad.png

It's time to do the football dynasty I've always wanted to do featuring my local MLS club Toronto FC in FIFA.

tfcintro1a_zps6a5c4bf6.png

Major League Soccer dynasties have traditionally been a bit of an issue in FIFA because unlike European teams that face relegation, promotion and European competition in either the Europa or Champions League the MLS clubs aren't given much love in FIFA. The US clubs can complete in the MLS and the U.S. Open and that's it.

There's no entry into the regional championship (called CONCACAF Champions League) against the Mexican and other Central American teams like real life. It's even more of an issue to run a Canadian team in FIFA since they don't compete in the U.S. Open.

Well, I've changed that.

The Moddingway mod (PC only) adds the CONCACAF Champions League and the FIFA Clubs World Cup. The CONCACAF Champions League only has eight teams. The winner is one of the four clubs that competes in the FIFA Club World Cup (there are more teams in real life).

I used Creation Master 15 to create a Canadian Championship. In real life the three Canadian MLS team play a four-team tournament with the NASL Edmonton club. Since the NASL is not part of FIFA or any existing mod, I created a three team Canadian Championship -- Montreal will play Toronto home and away in a semifinal for the right to play Vancouver in the final (Vancouver is probably the best of the three MLS clubs historically so I've given them the bye into the final).

tfcintro5_zpsee8d78a3.png

I then edited the CONCACAF Champions League to allow the Canadian winner entry into the eight-team tournament just like real life. (One other note: since the first year's Champions League teams are set before you start play in FIFA, I've given TFC one of the spots. So the winner of the 2014 Canadian title in my dynasty doesn't play in the CONCACAF tourney until 2015. I couldn't get around that). So in theory (or at least in my simulated test dynasty) you could get something stupid like this:

tfcintro3_zpse9ce9856.png

Since this dynasty starts in 2014, the new MLS clubs, Orlando and New York FC are not included.

I will be using the default rosters which include Jermaine Defoe on TFC. By the time you're reading this I expect he'll have been sold.

The format for this dynasty will be a bit different from my FIFA Video Dynasty of Bryan Hurst that will continue. First my intention here is only to manage Toronto FC. Once I'm fired, this dynasty is done.

So let's take a look at the roster

tfcgoaliers_zpsdc58de08.png

Bendik played pretty well in real life. He'll be the man for every game. If he gets injured we're in deep, deep trouble.

tfcdef1_zpse5dfd88e.png

Caldwell and Morrow are going to be the anchors of the defense. Wish me luck with that.

I think we're going to see more than a few 3-2 games. I'm terrible on defense and these guys aren't going to help my failings. Basically, I'm hoping to out-score my errors.

The defense will be the first place we'll be looking to make transfers but I have closed the first transfer window.

This looks sweet. Would be fun to play now with Jozy Altidore in town.

Maybe I'll try a Jozy-Defoe swap in the first available transfer window.

tfcmid2_zpsexamgaum.png

Oduro has some incredible speed and that may win him a position in the starting 11 sooner rather than later.

On the other hand, Bekker's terrible individual ratings seem to have little relation to his overall rating of 63. He'll need a few injuries ahead of him to ever see the pitch.

tfcforwards1_zpssxfqwbxr.png

Very happy with our strikers. I think Defoe will dominate. I think we should nickname Gilberto -- Goal-berto -- now.

It would be nice to see de Rosario contribute as he was a big disappointment in real life.

Going back to your first post: Yea why would anybody want to join TFC? 

-a Montreal Impact fan

Going back to your first post: Yea why would anybody want to join TFC? 

-a Montreal Impact fan

LOL. Hopefully, a Canadian MLS will win a playoff game one of these years (not that I have any idea what the playoffs look like as a TFC fan)

Good luck in the CONCACAF Champions League this winter. Have a deep run and take out as many Mexican teams as you can.

LOL. Hopefully, a Canadian MLS will win a playoff game one of these years (not that I have any idea what the playoffs look like as a TFC fan)

Good luck in the CONCACAF Champions League this winter. Have a deep run and take out as many Mexican teams as you can.

Hahha, thanks for the support! It's true that our canadian teams are not that great, but let's hope of our 3 clubs can do something this year. 

Time to bring over Giovinco!

Yeah, they've made so many changes in such a short time. Maybe I should have waited before starting my TFC career?

tfcmarch_zps4eq030r6.png

We're kicking off the season with three games in six days, followed by a long break. Very strange.

We travel to Salt Lake City, then north to Seattle three days later, followed by the home opener at BMO Field against DC United.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this