Sign in to follow this  
Eric The Great

promotion - player boost

Posted (edited)

i suggest that when our team is promoted to higher league , all our players should get a rating boost like 5 points. this way the team could be competitive in a higher league. i promoted from shl to ghl and have to do a fire sale and get rid of most my players and can only rely on free agents and maybe trades which is hard to do to get stronger players. it is sad we have to dismantle our team and cant compete in higher league because the teams there are way much stronger.

for relegation , it could be the same. all our players lose some rating so that they can stay in the team and the manager dont have again to get rid of many players.

i feel that i been working for weeks to build up my team to promote and now have to get rid of them and start from scratch and see that the league difference is very big and there is little to no chance to be able to be competitive when promoting. its sad to lose the players we worked to get because now they just dont fit in the higher or lower league.

Edited by Eric The Great

Greetings!

My opinion is that how the life works, sadly. If you want to stay in a higher league, you must be active in trading, in signing free agents and learn a lot about tactics. Game World Zamboni is without promotion and relegation, here you can compete without the risk of losing your players.

There are significantly better options than the one that you are suggesting to solve the problem at hand. One example would be players asking for larger salaries so that the better teams can't just stack their rosters and then not ever worry about cap issues. That would mean that there would be better players in FA, and more of them too.

As for the SHL to GHL jump being big. Yes, it is the largest by a noticeable margin. But it is something that you can prepare for as a SHL manager to a degree. If you do a good job building your team at the SHL level a number of your players can be effective role players at the GHL level. That means that you only need 3-6 players that are capable of carrying your team. The easiest way to get one is your 1st round pick when you promote. The top 4 in most drafts are going to have players that you can build a franchise around. Bad drafts won't but they aren't common. Great drafts will have 8+ such players. At the current moment most FAs will only have 2-6 other such players that might be able to fill said role. This makes it really hard for new teams to the GHL to actually stick around. That said this means that it would probably be best for new teams to plan to bounce up, down and then back up again.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this