Sign in to follow this  
SecretAgentMan

Going for Gold (2020 Edition) now available for free Open Beta trial

Greetings! My name is Jeff (or SecretAgentMan), andΒ Β I enjoy programming sports sims. I have been working for a long time on a sim for international sports, such as the kinds we see at the upcoming Summer Games and Winter Games. So, I wanted to post that Going for Gold (2020 Edition) is now available for free Beta Trials.

Want to try the game? Please click here to download (v1-6):Β Β 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V8qvjmFRAYDo2Jn2Ey3O5mPVseS55QgH/view?usp=sharing

I hope you try it out! The only thing that I ask is that if you try the game, please either post here, PM me here, or e-mail me at [email protected] so that I can contact you later with a feedback survey

Game Info:
-Choose from 65 different countries to build up your international athletics profile and win medals at the summer/winter games!
-Simulate all events with a realistic schedule for the upcoming Summer Games
-Full multiplayer functionality (if you want to join an online league/sim, there is one going on now- please reach out to join!)
-3 Game modes: Summer Games only (functional for 2020 edition); Winter Games only (might work; hasn't been tested recently); Career Mode (might work; hasn't been tested recently)
-Real-life results are used to give a realistic sim result for most (*soon to be all) sports in-game
-Should work on Windows systems (not sure about Mac- if you try it, let me know if it works!)

Known Issues (v1-6, released July 23rd, 2021):
-Game crashes if you try to Set Training on July 23rd (the date of the Opening Ceremony) or the Closing Ceremony
-Ties occur in certain team sports (baseball/softball/others) that should not have them
-Fixed training issue (see below, v1-5)
-Fixed display issue (see below, v1-5)

(v1-5, released July 22nd, 2021):
-Game crashes if you try to Set Training on July 23rd (the date of the Opening Ceremony) or the Closing Ceremony
-Training is only about to happen on the same date as the game file (only July 21st training on July 21st, for example)
-Display issue- medals not displayed for any Throwing/Jumping events in Track and Field (they ARE still being counted in the overall medal totals)

Edited by SecretAgentMan

If you tried/played this game at all, I have a favor to ask. Would you please fill out this Survey? Stuff like this helps me get better and would be appreciated! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeBanUTeiYC9wqNamPxBhCUcPgOnvVcXHXRSsDw-2mnteLdYQ/viewform

I will use the results to help make things better, including with the Winter Games in February.Β (There will absolutely be another one of these sims in February if you are so inclined/interested)
Β 

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this