Sign in to follow this  
fitzpatrick

Toronto raptors 2021 season

Even if they (we, Raps fan here) manage to beat the Wizards later this week, it's still going to be a tough ask to make it to 10th, and it'd take a pretty big turnaround in form from the Wizards. But then "catching" the teams below them isn't exactly simple either. It's not like the Bulls are piling on the wins at the moment, and the Magic are 5.5 games back. I think if you're the Raps front office, you just live with the limbo, make sure the younger guys you want a look at get decent minutes, and see where you are come free agency.

Looking back at the season, the Raps played so far from Toronto that every game was an away game. Now they finally get a top 10 pick for the first time in years and knowing what the Raptors development team is capable of, that's an exciting prospect. Young core and a flexible roster should make sure the future is bright

Not sure how I feel about Scottie, I think I would have liked Suggs he seemed like a natural successor to Kyle.ย 

depends tbh more on the development of starters imo. pascal is a fringe all star who is really good but wont be playing until october/november. but if gary trent jr, siakam, fvv etc. can really step up then i dont see why the raptors wont be doing good. with lowry gone the guard rotation will have a lot of flexibility and hopefully that guard rotation stays hungry and tries to win those starting positions over eachother. also the idea of positionless basketball will be interesting to see. nyk struglled lots today against the length of raptors, though we still lack atheltic size.

Don't know much about Scottie, so good to hear he has some fans. I was hoping for Suggs, but I guess he's a Magic now.

Personally, I think that the Raptors will try to play the playoffs even if it will be hard.
Then if in the middle of the season they see that it is too difficult, they will end up tanking

On 10/21/2021 at 6:03 AM, Lucasbzh22 said:

Personally, I think that the Raptors will try to play the playoffs even if it will be hard.
Then if in the middle of the season they see that it is too difficult, they will end up tanking

As Masai said last year, getting into the play-in doesn't do shit for us. If we're not 6th seed or higher in the Eastern Conference, or look extremely competitive by the trade deadline, I can see Masai just going full tank for the rest of the season. Potentially even moving some assets for differentย assets to line up with OG/Scottie/GTjr's timelines. "Play-In for what?"

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this