Sign in to follow this  
bobbypill

Mac Jones

His college stats are awesome (4500yards, 41 TD, 4 Int), and at a big time school.   Should be interesting to see if 49ers actually draft him #3.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:07 PM, bobbypill said:

quote me on this.

10-11 wins

Might want to reconsider after the bow-wow show he put on today. Niners used him as a smoke screen. They'll lock in on Fields, keep Jimmy G for the 2021 season and give Fields the role in 2022. 

Mac Jones is a good QB, that's unquestionable, and I think he'll become a solid starter in the near future. However, I'm not so sure about his draft value. Since Alabama's system relies in a lot of RPO/screen passes, Jones kinda had an "easy job" running those plays. Plus the fact he had two studs like Devonta Smith and Najee Harris around him, it's somehow hard to tell how he's gonna adapt to a more complex offensive system in NFL. I really want him to be a franchise QB, but only time will tell.

Back when the 2020 session started a lot of mocks drafts had Jones and Wilson falling to the 2nd round. so i was thinking why shouldn't the bucs draft him and have him sit behind brady for a bit. In a world this happens. as the bucs if you could would you draft mac jones

Mac Jones is a wildcard for me. He has shown plenty of examples of his talent and capabilities, but at the same time the system that he was in at Alabama is one that makes it very difficult not to put up amazing numbers and find at least good success. Not saying he was 100% carried in all ways, but when you look at his weapons both in terms of protection, receiving, AND rushing, it's hard to judge how he will handle a system that isn't as elite.

I dunno, he seems really great but there are so many factors that could play in that it's hard to tell

I think Mac Jones definitely has the highest floor of the quarterbacks outside of Lawrence but I think that guys like Fields and Lance have better tools and so a better ceiling but at a certain point it's whoever you like best. They're all good. 

I think Fields was a steal for the Patriots at 15.  He's coming back from an injury which may be why.  He's accurate and can run and if he wasn't hurt OSU would have given bama at better game last year.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this