Sign in to follow this  
darrellet86

Favorite sports sim?

If you've ever played Football Manager or its predecessor Championship Manager then you know there's only one answer.

OOTPB tries hard and I enjoyed my stint with FHM7  but we definitely need a NFL or college football game to offer the depth and immersion offered by FM.

I'm currently playing DDS:CF21 and PF22, Front Office 8 and PSF22.  All are "okay" but way behind FM on all fronts.  I'm hoping the DDS:PF series can make big gains, but having now played 21 and 22 I'm not at all convinced.  

My personal observation is that the US football games appear more centered toward online sim leagues in a more general manager mode and their gameday play almost seems an afterthought bolted on to appeal to those other players.  I believe that's a much smaller niche market.  FM addresses a much larger single player niche of building a management career with unequaled depth. 

C'mon SI buy Wolverine and feed their obvious passion with your gameplay and UI experience.  After all, 30 years ago SI was just two brothers operating out of their bedroom.

I love the historic databases that come alredy made in the Out of the Park Baseball games, but Football Manager is just so slick. I think a couple years from now Football Manager will be absolutely incredible

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this