Sign in to follow this  
darrellet86

Favorite sports sim?

It's not an easy choice, but Football Manager is very good. I really enjoy OOTP baseball. I wish Madden football's coach only mode did not require the player for kickoffs, extra points, and field goals.

OOTP21 or DDSPF21. Loved FOF8 but couldnt get over the outdated UI, such a shame that there couldnt be an OOTP but for American Football (rip FOF9, forever in our hears)

Started with Front Page Sports back in 98, and then got on the Sports/Baseball Mogul train.  Football Mogul left a bit to be desired so I just tried out some of the Draft Day Sports titles and while they aren't perfect, it's so much more immersive. Just purchased Pro B-ball 2021, and plan on getting the college b-ball version, too. The football games were pretty good, too. Stoked!

On 1/5/2021 at 4:15 PM, darrellet86 said:

Mine has to be Eastside Hockey Manager 2007, but a close second is DDSCB games. Would love to hear some off the wall recommendations in sports some others may not have heard of!

Franchise Hockey Manager

On 8/19/2021 at 7:30 PM, KyleWalkins said:

OOTP21 or DDSPF21. Loved FOF8 but couldnt get over the outdated UI, such a shame that there couldnt be an OOTP but for American Football (rip FOF9, forever in our hears)

Out of the Park Developments always make detailed games. Too bad one of the football devs died and they couldn't finish the game

OOTP is great, also don't think Head Coach 09 gets enough love.. if only EA had kept up with it.... or maybe not considering how Madden franchise has gone.

Been playing football (soccer) management games since premier manager 98 on ps1. All time fave is the FM series though which all started with a free demo for CM that came with some cereal in like 2000.

My favorite sports sim is OOTP Baseball because there are many things to do in the game. I like the idea of being a gm and a manager at the same time.  There are other things to do but I mainly like playing my own game and playing it's online mode Perfect Team. I hope to see a player career in it one day like they use to in Inside The Park Baseball.

I'm a big fan of Title Bout Championship Boxing. I just loved the ability to create my own universes, following the world of boxing as it progressed from as early as the 19th century. There's still a small dedicated community around the game on the ootp forums.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this