Sign in to follow this  
buckshot13

DDSCF vs CT Football Manager vs The College Years

I've been playing DDSCF for the past couple of years and enjoy it.  Although I think my favorite is still Solecismic The College Years (even though it's pretty outdated now in terms of leagues).   I just downloaded CT Football Manager last night but haven't started playing yet.  I'm curious how it compares to DDSCF and The College Years?

4 hours ago, buckshot13 said:

I've been playing DDSCF for the past couple of years and enjoy it.  Although I think my favorite is still Solecismic The College Years (even though it's pretty outdated now in terms of leagues).   I just downloaded CT Football Manager last night but haven't started playing yet.  I'm curious how it compares to DDSCF and The College Years?

I would agree that The College Years is the best College Football experience, sure it doesn't look good (Front Office Footbal UI isn't great!) but the actual game is so detailed and in-depth you can't beat it!

CT Football Manager looks to be shaping up to be a very good game though, it has the old 'Football Manager' feel to it (the game by SI Games) and the interface and UI are all nice and clean to use, just obviously needs to be more stable. 

DDS, Now to be fair I have only ever played the demos of most of their titles bar the Golf one, but something just feels off, I don't like their UI style and the more I read about the College game the more issues seem to come up, like the lack of certain rules in the game. 

Thanks for the thoughts.  I'm looking forward to playing CT Football Manager.  I do wish The College Years would do a new version though.  

On 1/6/2021 at 1:35 AM, buckshot13 said:

Thanks for the thoughts.  I'm looking forward to playing CT Football Manager.  I do wish The College Years would do a new version though.  

Just to add I've recently bought Bowl Bound from GreyDogSoftware (its on Steam too) and while it is 'out of date' it is a very fun game. The write up on the Dynasties section here encouraged me to buy it. 

It will be my College game until CT Football is updated a little more!

I'm hoping CT Football adopts the updated UI and engine they recently released for the pro football game.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this