Sign in to follow this  
blazertaz13

Playing Sports Management Games

Most games I do GM more, because I like to try to build a team, not necessarily play every play/game.   I like it when you find one that lets you play now and then, sometimes time is just more free than others.

When I play any NFL game, I always want to be an all-powerful football czar - making all the personnel decisions, of course, but also coaching the games.

My favourite was Sierra Sports Pro Football.  Sadly, 1998 was the last edition.  If they'd kept going with that game, with improved computer AI, it would now be the best computer game ever.  The play designer on that game was awesome.  I used to love designing 46 type defenses and just sending 6 or 7 guys after the QB.  Of course, the computer AI wasn't smart enough to adapt with hot-reads or extra protection.  I would absolutely LOVE to find somebody who plays this game where we could play it over the internet, human vs human in coach mode.  It would be the best thing ever.

It depends on how the game engine works. I feel like it's easier to design functionality for what GMs like to do (roster organization, signing/cutting players) than it is to develop a simulation engine for the game where the user can draw up plays and really have their in-game tuning and decisions affect the outcome. I enjoy both but with sim games I love the GM type stuff building a team.

Football Manager, both.  NBA 2k My GM, just gm.  Haven't played other GM games outside of those, to be honest, Just trying out DDSPB for the first time so we will see how this goes.

When I play OOTP, which is the game I have the most hours (probably weeks worth of time) in, I like to play more as a commissioner.  With OOTP, I'm kind of obsesses with creating the largest baseball universe I can, including college & high school leagues.  I'm always interested in seeing players develop from high school through JUCO & College up the minors into the pros.  I'm hearing the new edition of OOTP has a revamped prospects system, so I'm hoping it makes the high school to college system a little easier.

I love both the GM and Coaching Aspects. It's awesome to biuld up a dynasty and at the same time come up with a game strategy win against the odds as an underdog  

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this