Sign in to follow this  
blazertaz13

Playing Sports Management Games

I am curious what everyone does when playing certain sports games.  Do you play just play as a GM, coach or both?  For those of you that coach/manage do you playout each game or sim?

For me it depends on the sport.  For FM, college basketball and OOTP I tend to coach out/manage games.  This tends to make seasons last longer, but I feel that I get more immersion.  For pro basketball or football I just want take on the GM role.  

Thanks for the answers.

On 11/30/2020 at 8:00 AM, blazertaz13 said:

I am curious what everyone does when playing certain sports games.  Do you play just play as a GM, coach or both?  For those of you that coach/manage do you playout each game or sim?

For me it depends on the sport.  For FM, college basketball and OOTP I tend to coach out/manage games.  This tends to make seasons last longer, but I feel that I get more immersion.  For pro basketball or football I just want take on the GM role.  

Thanks for the answers.

9 times out of 10 it's GM only, unless I'm doing a college style game where there isn't really a gm.

It depends how much time I have. I'd prefer the fast-paced sim style that you get as a GM, but sometimes I like to try out coaching mechanics.

I prefer to play as GM. I like to run my sports sims as business managements if possible and let my coaches do their thing. 

If its hockey I may set the lines but I never do the coaching game to game. Sometimes for important games I'll view the game as if I'm 'in the GM box' watching it out live!

I'm not a soccer fan but I really wish Football Manager would allow a GM mode for the MLS one day. 

GM almost exclusively. I found that the game becomes too when I manage the games individually. It's more challenging to build a team and send them out to battle without you. 

my only complaint is in the college games you can pick what team you want. I rather it be like the old college hoops 2k8 where you start at somewhere like Albany and work your way up

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this