jmr12

Detailed GM Games to Recommend?

Thanks I love baseball, basketball, football.  I will play most games.  I have OOTP from like 4 years ago, might need to upgrade! :)

I created a game called Baseball Star. It’s different from some of the other sim games out there because you play as if you are the player.

The game starts out when you get called up to the majors. As you play you can “train” your player and develop them into a power hitter, speedy base runner, and more.

A regular season lasts 162 games, which takes about 27 calendar days to simulate (6 per day).

Each game is simulated based on your player’s custom attributes, in-game factors, and tuned using real data from the last 10 MLB seasons. You can “watch” a recap of each and every game ever played. The simulation engine does a great job mimicking real life. Your players can get hot at the plate or have a cold streak.

Throughout the season you can break records, earn bonuses (game MVP, walk-offs), get moved up/down in the batting order, be chosen as the league MVP, fight for a spot in the playoffs, and more.

At the end of a player’s contract they will enter Free agency. Your player will receive contract offers from teams and may potential have the option to sign with their old team. Unfortunately, your player will not receive contract offers if they haven’t had much success over the last few seasons. Players that don’t receive a contract offer are forced into retirement.

Retirement isn’t the end though! Your player and their achievements are archived and will still show up in leaderboards. You can create a new player and try your luck again.

Each player exists in their own simulation. However, there are leaderboards and record books that compare the best players.

I’ve been working on this game on and off for a couple of years and hope you find it interesting and fun. Give it a shot (it’s free) and join the Discord community!

Play Baseball Star: https://baseball-star.com

Hall of Fame: https://baseball-star.com/leaderboard/hof.php

Screenshots: https://baseball-star.com/screenshots.php

8C9E62B9-D623-400E-96D9-C29304B6E2F5.png

79755461-54C5-478B-B914-B7308F765CD2.png

776EB810-CBD9-4FC7-8466-AB72E6EACECC.png

Edited by peb

13 hours ago, peb said:

I created a game called Baseball Star. It’s different from some of the other sim games out there because you play as if you are the player.

The game starts out when you get called up to the majors. As you play you can “train” your player and develop them into a power hitter, speedy base runner, and more.

A regular season lasts 162 games, which takes about 27 calendar days to simulate (6 per day).

Each game is simulated based on your player’s custom attributes, in-game factors, and tuned using real data from the last 10 MLB seasons. You can “watch” a recap of each and every game ever played. The simulation engine does a great job mimicking real life. Your players can get hot at the plate or have a cold streak.

Throughout the season you can break records, earn bonuses (game MVP, walk-offs), get moved up/down in the batting order, be chosen as the league MVP, fight for a spot in the playoffs, and more.

At the end of a player’s contract they will enter Free agency. Your player will receive contract offers from teams and may potential have the option to sign with their old team. Unfortunately, your player will not receive contract offers if they haven’t had much success over the last few seasons. Players that don’t receive a contract offer are forced into retirement.

Retirement isn’t the end though! Your player and their achievements are archived and will still show up in leaderboards. You can create a new player and try your luck again.

Each player exists in their own simulation. However, there are leaderboards and record books that compare the best players.

I’ve been working on this game on and off for a couple of years and hope you find it interesting and fun. Give it a shot (it’s free) and join the Discord community!

Play Baseball Star: https://baseball-star.com

And here you go!

https://gmgames.org/baseball-star

General Manager (GM) Games

email [email protected]
website | discord | youtube | reddit | twitch

I've been playing Puresim Baseball 7. I wonder how it holds up against other games. I am also trying to figure out how to run it on Windows 7 or 10, so I can let this XP machine die!

Love this game Baseball-Star although it confused me as I thought at first it was "Baseball Stars" the old NES game that I wasted my entire teenage years on lol. I digress fun game!

I've played many franchise games but I'm not sure which is best and was wondering your opinion or suggestions to make things interesting!

Big fan of OOTP and FHM and was wondering what recommendations people have for other games? Looking more at football and basketball(college or pro), but if there are other good sim games I'm open for recommendations

Sounds like an interesting take. Don't know that I've seen that before. I'll have to check it out.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now