Sign in to follow this  
randorandocat

DDSCB2020 vs. College Hoops 2K8

Hey y'all,

New here, and tbh, getting my second post up so I can download the mod and experience it w names/etc.

Not a huge college hoops fan generally, NBA/WNBA much better as far as style/substance, but lately I've been sucked into a dynasty Twitch stream on College Hoops 2K8, and have been infected with the need for Tournament glory with my long-suffering Nebrasketball Cornhuskers program. But! College Hoops 2K8 is fully $60 at least on ebay, and though I still really thought about it, wanted to check out the alternatives. I've heard really good things about this, excited to dive in!

Wandering if anyone else found their way here by a similar path, or any thoughts on this vs. that last, brightest version of the major-publisher console version of a college basketball game.

CH2k8 is my all time favorite sports game. I have 2 copies of it and for good reason. If one were to break, I have the other for backup. It’s crazy how expensive it is but you really can’t get it anywhere. 

Since I don’t have time to play out games any more, sim engines are more my speed and this one is pretty damn good! Give it a chance and I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. 

I haven't played 2k8 but as a very casual college basketball fan, I found DDSCB 2020 totally addicting.  I think it offers enough detail and strategy for a more die-hard basketball fan yet it is very user-friendly for someone like me to get totally into it.

On 8/26/2020 at 11:23 AM, shafe33 said:

I bought 2k8 for $1 in 2009 and still playing it. Love it!

I got mine for $2 around the same time. Still playing it in 2020

I have yet to play DDSCB 20 as i'm just now learning of its existence, but I've updated the rosters on College Hoops 2K8 every year since it's release and will continue to do so as long as I can.  If only Sony would make it backwards compatible...

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this