Johnblob44

DDS Pro Football 21 Questions

The game has the look and feel of a game in the UK called 'Football Manager', which is a great game.  Do other people think this?

Hi all just bought and downloaded DDSPF 2021, will be a nice change to soccer sim's, would appreciate some recommended tips initially starting out, playing as my beloved Vikings, god help me lol..  

Edited by Dukey_51
general edit

I think it depends on how much you invest in the game. If you take the time to MOD or play in detail than yes, if you want quick return than probably not.

Apologies if this is a really obvious question but I'm brand new to DDS Pro Football 2021. When I start a game with a new league from draft day my team's roster is empty. Seems like all of the players from all of the teams are unattached free agents. What am I doing wrong? I want real-life 2020 rosters. Please help.

8 hours ago, ajarnlance said:

Apologies if this is a really obvious question but I'm brand new to DDS Pro Football 2021. When I start a game with a new league from draft day my team's roster is empty. Seems like all of the players from all of the teams are unattached free agents. What am I doing wrong? I want real-life 2020 rosters. Please help.

It's the drop down that says default rosters or something , its probably the fourth choice on that drop down or whatever

General Manager (GM) Games

email [email protected]
website | discord | youtube | reddit | twitch

I bought this during the black Friday sale. Just got my laptop back today after the hard drive crashed. Looking forward to playing this.

Just picked this game up myself. Its definitely got a bit of a learning curve, but I'm glad that most of the stats seem to be pulled essentially from the same sort of logic as Madden, keeps it a LITTLE less intimidating. Decided for fun to use the real NFL mod, but to keep it so that its a scramble, every team starting with no players, just to see who ends up where and what sort of wacky end results I get. Should be fun.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:54 AM, [email protected] said:

How Easy is it to Set up Real NFL Teams and players. Does this have o be done manually?

It actually comes with the real players when you select default rosters. To get the real teams and the play photos, that's the two mods out there. One from slybelle and our photo pack for the NFL here at GM Games

email [email protected]

Greetings!

I am loving this game!  Was wondering if anyone has attempted to replicate an expansion team(s) scenario?  If so, how did you go about setting up your league and what specifically did you do as far as team creation/league settings/etc.  

Also, was curious if anyone knew exactly what "hard" mode setting changes as far as gameplay.  I have played with it clicked and without clicked but can't seem to figure out what differences are taking place.  Any insight into the above questions is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Good morning,

do you know if someone is going to mod the rosters by updating them with '80-'90 palyers anda teams ....like the old table games Statis Pro-Football.

I remember a lot of players that were funny to see playing on Tv (ie: RB Emmith Smith, Thurman Thomas, TE Mike Bavaro, LB Cornelius Bennet, DE Bruce Smithm, DE Niel Smith, DE Reggie White, QB Troy Aikman, QB Phil Sims, WR Michael Irving, WR Andrew Reed, FB Otis Anderson, FS Ronnie Lot ......and son on ).

Bye bye

On 11/3/2020 at 5:17 PM, Clem1967 said:

The game has the look and feel of a game in the UK called 'Football Manager', which is a great game.  Do other people think this?

I would agree with this to an extent.  that and ootp (baseball sim game)

On 12/15/2020 at 5:46 AM, ajarnlance said:

Yeah. It should be the last option on the dropdown.

Hi, I am a new player. 

Does anyone know how to get the players into their current team. At the moment, they all just going into random teams, no their actual team.

40 minutes ago, zzuraniumx said:

Hi, I am a new player. 

Does anyone know how to get the players into their current team. At the moment, they all just going into random teams, no their actual team.

Hi there, it's always one of two things to get roster players, then if you want to get the real player photos 

#1 Start Method (Free Agency)

dn5MrUj.png

#2 How to drop the Player Photos from DDSPF21 pack properly

Within the zip file there is a subfolder called "DDSPF21 Photos". When you place the photos into one of the destination photo folders, you need to copy the photos from the subfolder to the destination...but don't include the subfolder. The photos must go directly into the destination folder itself.

NON-STEAM

Correct
C:\Program Files\Wolverine Studios\Draft Day Sports - Pro Football 2021\Data\images\players\

Incorrect
C:\Program Files\Wolverine Studios\Draft Day Sports - Pro Football 2021\Data\images\players\DDSPF21 Photos

WITH STEAM

Correct
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports Pro Football 2021\Data\images\players\

Incorrect
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports Pro Football 2021\Data\images\players\DDSPF21 Photos

DOCUMENTS FOLDER
As per the creator of the game, Depending on use case these may work better in:

Correct
Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2021\Leagues\*yourleaguenamehere*\HTML\Images\Players

Incorrect
Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2021\Leagues\*yourleaguenamehere*\HTML\Images\Players\DDSPF21 Photos

email [email protected]

Yes, you can change anything you want to simulate any sort of situation using real teams or not. incredibly fun if you like in-depth games and messing around with settings to observe results. 

What are the best mods to get for the game to make it most realistic? Also, any advice on what to set all the financial setting at?

Edited by Iorwerth

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now