Sign in to follow this  
LADodgers2221

Best Lefty of All Time?

In your opinion, if you were building an ALL-TIME team and wanted a lefty to lead your rotation. Which would you choose? If it were me I would go with Kershaw, the Sandy Koufax of the current generation. Who would you choose and why?

Randy Johnson if the gameplay physics were from MLB The Show or something modern

Most early baseball games I played throughout the 90s & 2000s when he was in his prime couldn't really convey his skill accurately, compared to a pitcher like Kershaw or Pedro Martinez who have a large variety of pitches instead of 2 completely unhittable ones.   Depending on the game engine RJ could get lit up pretty easily (doubly so if they get his velocity wrong)

According to Earl Weaver Baseball back in the day, it might be Dave McNally.  Outside of that circumstance, I'd think that Koufax would be hard to beat.  Randy Johnson is one that I'd never have thought of, but definitely fits in the conversation.

Lefty Grove is, at worst, like the third-best pitcher of all time so I'd take him. Johnson would be probably the only other left-handed pitcher I'd consider over Grove, maybe -- I'd certainly take Johnson over Koufax and Kershaw, no question.

If you ever saw Koufax pitch you might be changing your opinion.  He was, after all  referred to as the left hand of god.

It has to be Randy Johnson. Can't really say how Koufax would hold up today with how different the game was, but Johnson very clearly had the physical tools to keep up

I wished I had seen Lefty Grove on the mound... very consistent winner, and longevity...  Sandy Koufax -- A-ONE -- amazing pitcher!!  And of course, Kershaw, this generation...

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this