Sign in to follow this  
GamePlanHockey

v2.4.0

New features

Player roster and role demands.
Players will now evaluate and react to their assigned role and given ice-time. A player will present their demands/expectations of player role and roster status when negotiating contracts. In addition to salary, contract length and clauses you must now also offer the player which role and roster status you have in mind for him. The player will take the offered role into consideration when considering the contract offer. If a player is given another role or less ice-time than his contract suggests he can become unhappy which will impact his game performance, team culture and prevent a future contract extension with the team. The player profile will also influence how strongly the player may react. Since no player has a contracted role assignment at this time, players will evaluate their role and ice-time based on expectations alone. Their happiness reactions will therefore be less severe than if they actually had a contracted role.

To see what role and roster status the player expects or has contracted you can visit the player page and select Player role from the action menu. You will also see a report from your assistant with the player's last 10 days game participation.

Rookie status
Young players are now given a rookie status when entering a new league. To be considered a rookie, a player must not have played in more than 25 games (15 for goalies) in the same or higher league level for any preceding seasons. Only players 25 years of age or younger are considered a rookie. The rookie status is displayed on the player's page transfer tab under the league reputation section. You will also see an asterisk on the player stats for seasons where the player was considered a rookie. Top 5 rookies in the league are displayed on the league home page.

Bug fixes and improvements

• Reduced the number of simulation locks
  • Greed is now a visible trait on player profile and no longer part of the scouting report
  • Scouting report now reveals the hidden trait Player consistency
  • Improved lineup repair in case of injuries or unavailable players
  • Adjustment of demands regarding one-way/two-way contracts
  • Adjustment on player development/regression if players are on either streaks and slumps
  • Adjustment on team culture. Larger impact of player happiness and contract concerns.
  • Own and shortlisted players are now highlighted in tables and listings
  • Manager name is now linked and clickable in chat
  • Fixed bug where untouchable players potentially could be included in a trade offer
  • Fixed bug for duplicate pending contract offers

Posted (edited)

love the update, major props/credit

im not sure, but it seemed talking a player down to a minor league contract  and a different role cost be a decent chunk of change but i elected to be safe, and it is almost assuredly for the best to make storing players/mega teams have to pay a bit more at least to get players happily into lesser roles (not that i am a mega team)

getting ahead in the bug game, player role on goalies profiles might be a problem (i have too many, was looking to get ahead on whiners)

edit: prospect designation. do we get any more info? will they expect more than minor league in the next contract? some call ups? "go figure it out" ?

edit2: "Scouting report now reveals the hidden trait Player consistency" i assume this will not apply retroactively to existing but already ran scouting reports?

Edited by Naekfor
less post spam

On 7/3/2020 at 10:22 AM, Naekfor said:

edit: prospect designation. do we get any more info? will they expect more than minor league in the next contract? some call ups? "go figure it out" ?

edit2: "Scouting report now reveals the hidden trait Player consistency" i assume this will not apply retroactively to existing but already ran scouting reports?

Prospects will need ice-time to develop. But depending on their overall they may be satisfied with playing in the minors.

Yes, the player consistency is only available on scouting reports created after the release was made

Forgot to mention one adjustment (now edited above)

• Adjustment on team culture. Larger impact of player happiness and contract concerns.

By the way. Will there be any impact on my team if I extended the contracts of my players or signed new ones before the update? So like only a few of my players have agreed ice time. Ir should I count it as a lucky season? :D

Posted (edited)

Hey Anders @Anders Granberg,

First - thanks for this update.  This is something I've had in my mind for some time that will add a great deal of complexity to the game and should force managers to carefully construct a team rather than just sign the best players possible and stack the lineup.  Glad to see this made into reality.

Second - I wanted to address a few topics that came up today in the Cage chat on Discord. 

....The first is the impact to Winner Instinct.  I view this as minor in comparison since it's unknown exactly how much WI impacts actual team performance, but many of us are wondering if the new values are legit.  It seems like almost every team's WI has dropped significantly.  In Cage GHL there is only 1 Heroic team and 2 Strong teams.  There are 6 teams with OK... 14 teams with Weak... and 5 teams with Paralyzed.  One manager mentioned that player happiness in terms of contracts now has a bigger impact on this - and I know first hand that most of my fellow managers are super cheap 😀... so maybe it's all accurate.  But the drop seems to be drastic, even for teams who seem to have decent contracts and all players are happy, so figured I would address it to see if maybe something is off.

... The second is the specific Roles that players prefer and may ask for during contract negotiations.  Many managers have mentioned that almost all their players are seeking a "playmaker" role, even when another role seems to fit better.  I forget the examples that were used, but I have a few of my own that I can share below.

In the first set of screenshots, my forward Langevin's stats would indicate he would be decent at pretty much everything other than being a playmaker given his low passing.  His Player Roles page also seems to agree, but his preferred role is playmaker.

Lang1.png

Lang2.png

Lang3.png

In the second set, my defenseman Folan's stats would indicate he is a great Stay at Home, goodTwo Way and horrible Offensive dman.  Again, the Player Roles also swing that way, but his preferred role is Offensive.

Folan1.png

Folan2.png

Folan3.png

Many were wondering if this was somehow on purpose or if the players were taking their rating into consideration (i.e. a player who wants 1st or 2nd line duties will be sniper or playmaker only... player on 3rd line is two way, etc.) instead of their actual attributes.  This was a heavy topic of discussion today, so figured I'd make a post to get some clarity.

Thanks!

Paul

Edited by Paul T

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Also, the descriptions seem to indicate the Greed trait order is something like...

Greedy, Hard to Please, Reasonable, Compliant, Humble, Eager, Easy Going

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

On 7/7/2020 at 3:23 AM, Paul T said:

... - I wanted to address a few topics that came up today in the Cage chat on Discord...

An update was just released to address most of the issues you posted. Thanks for all the feedback. See release notes of the v2.4.1 update here: 

14 hours ago, Paul T said:

Also, the descriptions seem to indicate the Greed trait order is something like...

Greedy, Hard to Please, Reasonable, Compliant, Humble, Eager, Easy Going

That's about right. I will update the help files with a complete list.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this