Sign in to follow this  
SecretAgentMan

Hello...technically for a second time?

Hi, my name is Jeff, but I go by SecretAgentMan on a couple of different sports sim forums. I think I technically joined here like 5 years ago, but I never posted anything other than an intro post at that time.

So, I'm "re-joining", as it were, and saying hello again. I have been playing/programming sports sims for almost a decade and a half, but my primary involvement now is in programming. I currently am developing an Olympics-style simulator titled "Going for Gold", and I tend to trot it out for beta tests every 2 or so years when we have a Summer or Winter Games. My intent here is to post updates for "Going for Gold" as I work to program and polish it. I am hoping that in sharing how things are going, I can find other interested parties who are willing to try it out and offer feedback.

A few people here might know me from other places. I can also be found posting occasionally over at SimNation's forums, and I used to run an ESMS+ soccer league called the IFF over there. I was also actively involved with TotalSportsWorld.net back in the day, and before that was an active participant in Gridiron Glory, one of the biggest BBCF leagues around at the time. (Man, I miss the kind of free time I had in college) I've also played OOTP, but sparingly, simply because I am a big baseball fan and I worry about losing every ounce of my limited free time if I get too involved with it!

So, yeah, hello! I hope to connect with some Olympics fans over here and share what I'm doing. Hope you like!

1 hour ago, SecretAgentMan said:

Hi, my name is Jeff, but I go by SecretAgentMan on a couple of different sports sim forums. I think I technically joined here like 5 years ago, but I never posted anything other than an intro post at that time.

So, I'm "re-joining", as it were, and saying hello again. I have been playing/programming sports sims for almost a decade and a half, but my primary involvement now is in programming. I currently am developing an Olympics-style simulator titled "Going for Gold", and I tend to trot it out for beta tests every 2 or so years when we have a Summer or Winter Games. My intent here is to post updates for "Going for Gold" as I work to program and polish it. I am hoping that in sharing how things are going, I can find other interested parties who are willing to try it out and offer feedback.

A few people here might know me from other places. I can also be found posting occasionally over at SimNation's forums, and I used to run an ESMS+ soccer league called the IFF over there. I was also actively involved with TotalSportsWorld.net back in the day, and before that was an active participant in Gridiron Glory, one of the biggest BBCF leagues around at the time. (Man, I miss the kind of free time I had in college) I've also played OOTP, but sparingly, simply because I am a big baseball fan and I worry about losing every ounce of my limited free time if I get too involved with it!

So, yeah, hello! I hope to connect with some Olympics fans over here and share what I'm doing. Hope you like!

Awesome!! Can't wait to see your dev project and it's amazing to have ya around

General Manager (GM) Games

email [email protected]
website | discord | youtube | reddit | twitch

On 5/30/2020 at 6:33 PM, Chris said:

Awesome!! Can't wait to see your dev project and it's amazing to have ya around

Thank you! It's much appreciated. I'm glad to be able to share what I am doing, and I hope that there are others who find it interesting.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this