Sign in to follow this  
Paul T

Season 5 Individual Goals

As many will see, the Big Delta Stealheads will be taking a few steps back in this season's power rankings and will be focusing on developing some younger players.  We plan on remaining competitive in the hunt for the prestigious Golden Cup, but want to have some fun this season with individual player incentives.  Below are a few I will be tracking this season.  Mostly far fetched goals that will be difficult to attain given the tough competition - and frankly, I will be surprised if they are accomplished.  Also important to note that I won't be doing anything out of the ordinary to try and force these goals other than my typical roster and tactical set up.  Feel free to add your own (not limited to GHL).

1) Rafael Bolduc - 89 OVR Forward ... most GHL goals.

2) Kvido Zluky - 86 OVR Defenseman ... most GHL Points by a defenseman.

3a) Henri Pohl - 83 OVR Goalie ... I want this guy to win Vezina.  Given his low endurance and the fact that my team wins might be lower than usual, I don't think that is possible.  Instead, I am going to try and get him 50-55 starts with the goal of GHL's best save percentage.

3b)  I will play the hot hand in goal and Pohl will be given a long leash to keep the starting job.  In the event George Mercredi earns the starting job from Pohl, the same goal applies.

4) Svend Clausen - 82 OVR Forward ... most GHL Points and/or Goals by a rookie.

5)  Jeremie Cline - 97 OVR Center ... best GHL +/-.

6)  Any single player on the Stealheads to record a Gordie Howe Hattrick.  If accomplished, that player will earn a $2M roster bonus.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

2 hours ago, Paul T said:

3a) Henri Pohl - 83 OVR Goalie ... I want this guy to win Vezina.  Given his low endurance and the fact that my team wins might be lower than usual, I don't think that is possible.  Instead, I am going to try and get him 50-55 starts with the goal of GHL's best save percentage.

3b)  I will play the hot hand in goal and Pohl will be given a long leash to keep the starting job.  In the event George Mercredi earns the starting job from Pohl, the same goal applies.

I will be behind this 100%. Pohl came super close last year - what a story that would be. Might even tell my players to shoot wide when we play each other ;) .

Looks like you and I are going to be competing in some of these, Paul. Looking forward to it. Also aiming quite high, but some of these have precedent. I invested heavily in Schuppan and Lux, who are both rookies, and Schuppan my starting G, so very interested to see what happens.

Plus, with Putin and Stalin motivating my team to perform like only they can, there is no telling how far I can go. 

1)   Elouan Scott - (94 F):                                                                      Ovechkin + Gretzky trophies (Goals, Points*), Most shots*                                   *current holder

2)   Simon-Delorme - (92 D):                                                               Most Points by a Defenceman, Highest +/-

3)   Henry Lux - (86 F (rookie)):                                                            Most Rookie Points

4)  D Sharshin, D Nazarov, F Patrushev, C Stalin, C Putin        100 combined points by Russian players

4a)                                                                                          At least 1 goal scored + assisted by ONLY Russian players

5)   Sagiv Schuppan - (87 G (rookie)):                                                  40 wins 

6)   Roger Muller - (92 C):                                                                     FINALLY HIT GODDAMN 50 POINTS

Team Objective:                                                                                   Score 300 goals, win 45 games

What defines a "rookie"?  Are we going with simply someone with ZERO GHL games before?  Just curious and like that as a new end of year category, but pity the person trying to determine it.  

Eldred Elite, as always, has very lofty goals this year!  Listed in order of importance:

1. Win a playoff series, preferably against those bastards Prairie Stars/Regals!  

2.  Assuming last year is no fluke and my goalie Glandon is truly entering his prime, have him lead the league in Shutouts.  He came close last year with 8.  

3.  Have S1 first round draft pick (#24) William Obeng prove he belongs to be a starter this season.  He's getting a go as 3rd Line center to see if he can improve that line's role after a horrible S4.

4.  Go deep into the playoffs as several players could be eyeing retirement homes after this season.  If this team can't replicate last year's success, look for the rebuild to start early!  

33 minutes ago, Steve said:

What defines a "rookie"?  Are we going with simply someone with ZERO GHL games before?  Just curious and like that as a new end of year category, but pity the person trying to determine it. 

For GPHM purposes, 18 years old.

On 5/14/2020 at 1:47 PM, Paul T said:

For GPHM purposes, 18 years old.

What about a 21 year old that hasn't played in GHL yet?  That seems like a rookie to me.  I wouldn't necessarily count say a 25 year old from RUHL.  OR instead/plus a Rookie of the Year, have a Young Gun award for best player on entry level contract?  Just some suggestions, sadly I don't think I will have time to do the research for any awards, so I will be happy with whatever that person determines.  It'd also be cool to start some 'award talk' about half way through the season (or sooner!) just to generate buzz and draw attention to players and story lines, etc.  Maybe it'll draw in more than us usual 6-8 managers to talk.

2 hours ago, Steve said:

What about a 21 year old that hasn't played in GHL yet?  That seems like a rookie to me.  I wouldn't necessarily count say a 25 year old from RUHL.  OR instead/plus a Rookie of the Year, have a Young Gun award for best player on entry level contract?  Just some suggestions, sadly I don't think I will have time to do the research for any awards, so I will be happy with whatever that person determines.  It'd also be cool to start some 'award talk' about half way through the season (or sooner!) just to generate buzz and draw attention to players and story lines, etc.  Maybe it'll draw in more than us usual 6-8 managers to talk.

Looking through rosters to pick out players age 18-21 that have never played a GHL game before is not gonna happen.  To me, a rookie is an 18 year old... not a 19 or 20 year old that was too sh!tty to play a game yet 😀.  If needed, I can change my silly goal from "rookie" to "18 year old".  But for the purposes of this, only 18-year olds will apply.

I like the second idea and something I had been thinking of myself last season.  Let's see if we remember or have time.

18 year olds as rookies will also be significantly easier to track. When I pulled the stats last few seasons, you just go by the previous year's draft - usually there are only 5-6 rookies who would be in that conversation, so that's quite easy to track that way.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this